Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Loving the pearl cars!
I almost got pearl white, but when I looked at it and plain white in the store it was hard to tell the difference. They even let me take the samples outside and look in the sun and they still looked really similar. I wanted the pearl white to be a bit more differentiated from plain white (I'm not a fan of basic white), so I ended up going with the carbon grey which was my 2nd choice going into the store. I was really glad I went and saw the samples in person. I'd also been a fan of the blue, but in person it didn't grab me nearly as much as it did in the design studio.

Red sighted. Redmond, WA. Eastbound NE 51st, it took the 520 freeway west/south. Was a casual ramp up on the freeway, he didn't floor it by any means. (Somewhat disappointed.) No rear license plate.

Didn't have time to catch a picture cause the light turned.

I've seen two, both silver. First was on October 15th on 4th Street in San Francisco headed towards AT&T Park about an hour before Game 2 of the NLCS against the Cardinals. The second was on Sir Francis Drake Blvd in Marin County heading west on Saturday Oct 27th (before Game 3 of the World Series). Coincidence? Perhaps not! GO GIANTS!!! Maybe there will be another in the victory parade on Wednesday! (Sorry, just a way to combine my two current obsessions!)

This is literally a quarter mile from my house! Hopefully I can spot it and talk to the owner!

- - - Updated - - -

Well apparently I don't know how to edit my previous post... I was referring to the white Model S in Wilmington.

Spotted on 280N near Los Altos.

image.jpg

As I was following the car, I noticed some weird behavior of several motorists. One was swirling from lane to lane, seeming to wanting to stay close to have a good look at the Tesla Model S. Another (solo) driver used the carpool lane to get around me and get in behind the Model S.

Then it occurred to me, I probably was doing the same things, just to get close enough to snap a picture. :eek: Distracted driving is what spotting a Model S really does to me!

As I was following the car, I noticed some weird behavior of several motorists. One was swirling from lane to lane, seeming to wanting to stay close to have a good look at the Tesla Model S. Another (solo) driver used the carpool lane to get around me and get in behind the Model S.

One thing they teach you in performance driving school - you tend to drive where you look. If you're in trouble don't look at the approaching concrete wall, look where you want to go.

The reason I bring this up is I have found it is relevant to a Tesla driver. Some people turn their heads to look at your car. And when they do that, they often unconsciously turn the steering wheel in that direction, too!

Pedestrians also do it. Last month I had to swerve around a couple of teenagers because they turned their heads and then walked right into my path.

Remember that when driving your Tesla - head turning can be potentially dangerous!

Spotted a silver Model S driving south on Bramalea Road approaching Derry Road in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada today just before 5pm. Hopefully that is the sign of the Canadian deliveries starting soon. I couldn't stop to take a picture as there was an ambulance behind me that just lit up it's lights and I had to get over to let it by.

Spotted a silver Model S driving south on Bramalea Road approaching Derry Road in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada today just before 5pm. Hopefully that is the sign of the Canadian deliveries starting soon. I couldn't stop to take a picture as there was an ambulance behind me that just lit up it's lights and I had to get over to let it by.

California plates or Ontario?