Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, getting more popular here in Chicago even but still not as common as all the X5s, VWs, MDXs, 3/5/7 series, and other brands. It is just interesting when you start paying attention and noticing a particular model - then it seems like there are a lot more of them out there ;-)

Exactly. I had a Dodge Charger rental for a week while having some body work done, and I started seeing Chargers everywhere! (Not superchargers, unfortunately ).

It was fun driving Westbound to Dayton Supercharger on the afternoon/early evening of May 20 with OH - 1STESLA.

Surprised not to have joined us as we Supercharged... But it was fun to spot one in the middle of I-70 in OH.

17930365502_98b1eb5c64_c.jpgIMG_8631 by Dennis Pascual, on Flickr

It was also comforting and fun to try to keep up with the Grey S that was leading my way through the Colorado Rockies between Silverthorne and Glenwood Springs...

Thanks for leading the way when the flurries hit... As a Southern California driver, I don't normally get this "weather"

18033940781_2d8d00e899_c.jpgIMG_9002 by Dennis Pascual, on Flickr

Last edited:
It's been a while since I was on TMC, but boy did I get a lot of sightings while I was gone.
On May 11th, I went to New York and saw 6 Teslas (which is the most amount of Teslas I've seen in a day). I got a picture of 3 out of the 6 of them.
Black 60
P5103127.JPG

Silver idk
P5103164.JPG

Silver 85 (not the same one as above)
P5103174.JPG

Today, I went to Virginia and saw 5 Model S's. I only got a picture of one :(
P5243209.JPG
P5243210.JPG
P5243212.JPG

If this is your car, I was the one in the back of the silver Prius giving you a thumbs up and taking pictures. :biggrin:

Well, I officially hit 2 years of ownership today.

Here in Northern Virginia I was one of the early adopters. When I got my car in early 2013, there were only a handful of other cars that I saw in the NoVA/MD/DC area every few weeks or so. My car turned heads back in the early days of ownership. Not any more.

Fast-forward 2 years later and I see a model S every day or two.

In all of that time, I checked this thread to see if I might have been sighted. I posted a number of sightings of other cars in the area here. Alas, as regards to seeing my car here, it was not to be.

I hereby stop hoping to see my car in this thread. :-(

On Thursday evening May 21 at about 6:30 PM I sighted White one exiting Rte. 17 South in Paramus with I think was Massachusetts plates. Now on Sunday I saw a Black or Blue on Midland Ave. heading East in Paramus near Forest Ave. with Virginia plates.

Well, I officially hit 2 years of ownership today.

Here in Northern Virginia I was one of the early adopters. When I got my car in early 2013, there were only a handful of other cars that I saw in the NoVA/MD/DC area every few weeks or so. My car turned heads back in the early days of ownership. Not any more.

Fast-forward 2 years later and I see a model S every day or two.

In all of that time, I checked this thread to see if I might have been sighted. I posted a number of sightings of other cars in the area here. Alas, as regards to seeing my car here, it was not to be.

I hereby stop hoping to see my car in this thread. :-(
scaesare, I'll be passing through on my road trip to the Boston area around June 10th! I'll keep my eyes open for you!

FYI, my 2 year anniversary with my car was May 7, and I've never appeared here as someone's random sighting, either. :mad:

Sorry no pics. Saturday night after dinner in Norfolk, VA drove across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge and upon "touching down" on the
eastern shore spotted a Red Model S leaving the scenic view. (Was in my wife's red Model S). A few miles later the pickup in front
of us seriously hit a deer and we just avoided a major accident.

Today at lunch in scenic Northboro, MA I pulled into a restaurant right next to a Model S and sat at the bar. The bartender and one
of the patrons were impressed with my car but didn't notice that I pulled in next to the other Model S. After lunch I browsed the
dining area and was going to announce "Who's Telsa [sic] did I just back into?" but the bartender said I shouldn't and pointed me
at the proper table. I asked "who's Model S is that?" and they all recognized me. The owner of the car and I had worked together
in the 80's! Was in my blue car. His is an 85D. Again, no pics, sorry.

Sorry, no pic, as it went by so fast that it would have been unsafe for me to try to pull out my phone...

I saw one here in Colorado Springs on southbound Academy Blvd, in the left turn lane about to turn on to Carefree Circle at about 2:45 PM today (I was going northbound). It was a brand new black Model S - it had temp tags in the window with the "zero emissions" plate still in the license plate frame. This is reasonably close to where I live, so if it is a new owner, maybe I'll see it again around here.

Here in Colorado, sightings are still rather rare, as this is only the 3rd time I've seen one "in the wild." (Both of the other sightings are documented in this thread)

Sorry, no pic, as it went by so fast that it would have been unsafe for me to try to pull out my phone...

I saw one here in Colorado Springs on southbound Academy Blvd, in the left turn lane about to turn on to Carefree Circle at about 2:45 PM today (I was going northbound). It was a brand new black Model S - it had temp tags in the window with the "zero emissions" plate still in the license plate frame. This is reasonably close to where I live, so if it is a new owner, maybe I'll see it again around here.

Here in Colorado, sightings are still rather rare, as this is only the 3rd time I've seen one "in the wild." (Both of the other sightings are documented in this thread)

If you go up to the Tech Center, they're more common, but still pretty rare everywhere else in CO.

I recently visited Denver and stayed in the Cherry Creek part of town, really nice city. I was surprised to see six different Teslas within my first six hours or so of being in town -- haven't seen that many within such a short amount of time anywhere other than the Bay area.