Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the begining of February of this year a saw my first model S in flesh (a white one) and it was in my modest city of Ourém/Portugal! By the plate, it was a January purchase. Since then, i saw it twice more times, so i think it is someone living in my city neighbourghood.

dsc00410.jpg

A few yesterday...

The first one was the one that joined me as I was in a caravan following my cousin... So, to the P85 in Morris, NJ. Thanks for letting me follow the Accord Hybrid yesterday. It was raining and I was in unfamiliar territory, so I may not have been as friendly on the road...

17224650204_e913c3188c_c.jpgIMG_20150518_114125 by Dennis Pascual, on Flickr

And later last night, as we were checking into the hotel in Newark, DE... The fellow traveler from MA that my wife spotted at the parking lot.

Nice Red.

17846978965_57c0645190_c.jpgIMG_20150518_232643 by Dennis Pascual, on Flickr

A few yesterday...

And later last night, as we were checking into the hotel in Newark, DE... The fellow traveler from MA that my wife spotted at the parking lot.

Nice Red.

17846978965_57c0645190_c.jpgIMG_20150518_232643 by Dennis Pascual, on Flickr

Dennis,

You must have gotten in late into DE (although when I woke up there were car's on either sides of us).
Great pic of my wife's car! Sorry we missed you, and greetings from Norfolk, VA where I'm pulling 3 miles of range per hour!

/Ed

Dennis,

You must have gotten in late into DE (although when I woke up there were car's on either sides of us).
Great pic of my wife's car! Sorry we missed you, and greetings from Norfolk, VA where I'm pulling 3 miles of range per hour!

/Ed

EdA,

That answers the question of whether the Red Model S that was pulling out of Tridelphia, WA SC was the Red one we saw in DE last night.

We're checking at the hotel attached to the SC in WVA as we continue our trip back West.

saw my first p85d this morning heading into downtown pasadena.
17749460398_e0f3e622b5_b.jpgvlcsnap-2015-05-21-09h26m44s219 by jeremy jozwik, on Flickr

was following in the HOV lane out of excitement, just had a p85d test drive yesterday. as soon a commuter bus move out of the lane, the driver tagged it. im thinking simply in sport mode, and it was gone into the horizon.

the little fiat 500e had no chance of keeping up... :redface:

I overtook what I thought was a platinum coloured Model S (the sun was setting - it could have been silver) heading west on the A303 near Wincanton last Wednesday. I was in the red Roadster and waved when I passed.

Last night I saw a blue one heading around Hyde Park Corner in London about 5:40.

Most random sighting ever! Today at work in the middle of nowhere I look outside of the window and see this Jaguar parked outside. Looks almost like a Tesla from far away! .......................:scared: wait what.

IMG_20150522_WA0000.jpg

As you can see the thing is huge. It doesnt actually really fit in a standard sized UK parking spot! It's a P85+

IMG_20150522_112039.jpg

IMG_20150522_112004.jpg

I have a suspicion that this is the Tesla i have been seeing on my commute to work twice. Cant be THAT many of them around here...... The touchscreen isnt actually that big in real life.

Last edited:
mate i drive a left hand drive and see no reason to order a RHD Model 3 either :p. It really only matters a tiny bit when trying to overtake SUVs or Vans and on Motorways it's actually sort of better to drive a LHD in england. Tbh the touchscreen must be a major ballache to use with your left hand unless you are left handed i guess.

In the Bay Area Tesla's are a dime a dozen. While traveling about 5 miles from San Jose to Los Gatos I saw 6 Model S's, 2 red, 3 white & 1 blue or black.

Yeah, getting more popular here in Chicago even but still not as common as all the X5s, VWs, MDXs, 3/5/7 series, and other brands. It is just interesting when you start paying attention and noticing a particular model - then it seems like there are a lot more of them out there ;-)

Mark this one under a bad situation turning kind of awesome.

I bought a Syma X5C quadcopter, delivered on Wednesday, which has a camera (not FPV). I decided to take it up really high over my back yard to get a cool view of my neighborhood. A few minutes before doing that, I labeled it with my phone number just in case I lost it. Sure enough, once I tried spinning it around while fighting the wind, I got disoriented and lost it behind the trees. Distraught, I went looking for it, walking along the street. A couple houses down on the other side of the street, a neighbor who I hadn't met before was out in his front yard and got my attention, holding my quadcopter. He was cool and we had a brief chat about it. He asked about the range and said to be more careful (I will). Whew! Unfortunately, the video I tried recording didn't save.
[Update: I recovered the video with the help of a hex editor on an image of the partition. Interesting to watch, but I don't plan to release it for privacy reasons.]

On the way back, just before walking into my driveway, I saw a blue/black Model S coming my way and I waved. It was too quick to make out much detail of the car or driver, let alone a response to my wave, and I didn't think to turn around and check the license plate. It was the first time I've seen one on my street and first time I had (or took) the opportunity to wave. My car was charging just outside the garage, but too out-of-the-way to be easily noticed from the street. I normally park in the garage, but the cement was recently replaced and the sealant isn't ready to be driven on.

Last edited: