Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cool that you guys have special EV plates. Are they given out sequentially? I was thinking 1404 was a rather high number, but then I remembered that they give them to any old hybrid as well.

Not sequentially. Each branch of the Registry of Motor Vehicles (RMV) was sent a (at least one) box full, they grab one out of the box and hand it to you. So the numbering depends mostly on which of the 36 branches of the RMV was visited to get the plates.

Shout out to someone at that one Cupertino company. VIN in the mid 500-range.

Skärmavbild 2012-11-03 kl. 14.19.42.png

My buddies and I had planned on taking our cars to the track today. I, originally assuming I'd have my car in September, let alone early November, had originally planned on going and putting the Model S up against all their souped up rides. Obviously, I don't have my S and we were invited to a Baby Shower today, so I declined to go.

So, of course it made me a little sad to get these texts from the pit:

noname.jpg

noname2.jpg

Not really a random sighting here. It's my Model S (VIN #532) by our parking garage area. For those who notice, I do have the suspension set to Very High mode in this picture. Been experimenting with it to see how it impacts getting in and out of the car.
Model S small pick.jpeg