Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting, the "retrofitted" European upgrades don't look too great, i.e. the added lamps on the rear bumper. I guess they switched out the reversing lamps in the US tail lights to be turn signals, and then added a fog/reverse lamp in the bumper (since the fog has to be a certain distance from tail lights).

Also, interesting wheels. Needless to say I am intrigued about what the final modifications will be for European/non-US models!
Please note that it's a US version first registered in the US, then imported to Norway by a local car dealership as a demo car. So the "retrofitted solutions" are more or less an ad-hoc solution for this specific car to get it approved in Norway. The European versions are for sure going to be more elegant (I would expect nothing less).

BTW, second thoughts this was not the first Model S, as Tesla themselves arranged test drives in Oslo in December '12, and also had one on display in September/October-ish last year.

Sighted heading south on the 405 just past the 10 freeway! Moments before this I sighted a white Model S heading north on the same freeway. In the last two weeks I've seen 8 of the Model S's in the wild! Tesla must have that factory on full blast!

20130125_100203.jpg

Please note that it's a US version first registered in the US, then imported to Norway by a local car dealership as a demo car. So the "retrofitted solutions" are more or less an ad-hoc solution for this specific car to get it approved in Norway. The European versions are for sure going to be more elegant (I would expect nothing less).

BTW, second thoughts this was not the first Model S, as Tesla themselves arranged test drives in Oslo in December '12, and also had one on display in September/October-ish last year.

Indeed, I realise it is (presumably) not the final solution, just found it interesting since, as you say there were earlier cars that did not have such things. I guess they are just testing the wiring/software with the amber bulbs, foglight etc before fitting the final design.

I saw my second 'random' Model S today driving back, in my Model S, from retaking some wedding photos. Signature Red right at noon.

I was on Cheshire Bridge going North directly before going under I-85. I turned to get to GA-400 North, while they kept driving up Lenox Road towards Buckhead.

WP_20130126_002.jpg

As a stock holder I am incredibly happy that I'm seeing AT LEAST 4-5 per day in "Tesla Valley"

I'd really increase my post count if I posted every time I saw one.

If you want to see one in the wild, go check out Eco green car wash on middlefield. They are frequently washing them! I'm going today...

I just had my first Model S sighting in the wild in the western suburbs of Chicago. It was a red sig with grey wheels turning east onto Plainfield Road from northbound Kingery Highway in Westmont. I was first at the light southbound turning to go the same way in my blue S, but I don't think the driver saw me. Trying to get in some driving before the freezing rain hits; maybe he was doing the same. My son couldn't take the pic in time...