Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had my first "Model S from my Model S rear view camera" sighting yesterday on the way home from work.

IMG_20130326_185625.JPG

Sighted another model S -- in Ithaca!

Didn't expect that to happen so quickly!

If you were the guy driving a red Model S down route 13 (Fulton St.) and honked at me with a thumbs up, I was the guy in the white model S. :)

I guess after only a month I'm no longer the owner of the only Model S in Ithaca.

(I didn't find a forum for "missed connections", so I just tossed this here; mods can put it whereever they like.)

Saw a brand new grey model s today while driving in Seattle near cherry hill around 8 am. Caught it out of the corner of my eye, thought beautiful car, looked again and realized it was a model s. One disadvantage of driving one is not realizing how great it looks on the outside all the time.

We'll be on those 2 freeways tomorrow, coming from Santa Barbara returning home to San Diego. I'm too lazy to top off the car (closest charging station is about a mile away, the car has 200 miles of range now, probably 190 by the morning, with about 195 miles to get home), so we'll make a 10 minute stop at the LA Supercharger mid-day tomorrow.

Can't drive the LA freeways (101 and 405) without seeing multiple S's. 4 yesterday-- a black one was next to me for quite a while. Tinted windows. Could have been Franz?

Two more sightings in Albuquerque today:
This morning, my brother saw a silver S with tag TESLA1 at Highpoint Sports & Wellness.
Then about 1pm, my wife & I saw a brown S with grey 21" wheels parked at Scarpa's on Montgomery & Eubank.

Hopefully they'll become more and more prevalent here, so we can get an Albuquerque Service Center!

I have seen a total of 8 model s on long island NY in the past 2 months. Seemed like an influx of deliveries. Mine will make it 9 in April/May and also the first sunset red!
Colors: sig red, black, 2 white, 2 silver, green, and blue.

Lloyd, missed you, but there were (2) Model S's at the LA Superchargers when I arrived at ~11AM, with 2 more owners arriving minutes later, then 2 Tesla employees arrived with new cars a few minutes later that they needed to charge up for new deliveries happening in the next few days, for a total of 7 cars. All were black or blue.

Out of the 4 SC's, one had an orange cone in front of with a note on the SC saying there was some sort of problem with it, but one of the Tesla employee said it was just an occasional problem with the access door, and that the SC was working fine, so one of the waiting cars pulled in and started to use it. I only needed about 20 miles worth of additional range to get back down to San Diego, but after talking with other owners for a few minutes, I found that I had taken in ~100 miles of juice, the SC are that fast.

Maybe see you tomorrow, I'm going to San Diego also, stopping in LA 2X both directions. Green, P85