Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
8a8yqyte.jpg

Saw this beauty this weekend in Columbus, OH

That blue doesn't seem like the blue offered by Tesla. Paint job?

Some very early "founders series" cars had custom paint from the factory. There is even a pink one in southern California. Still others have wrapped their cars after receiving one of the standard colors from Tesla.

IT'S NOT P...

It's Lavender Mist, or '67 Mustang Metallic Purple, or Unicorn. The three factory custom paint jobs were on Signature Series, not Founder's series.

That blue doesn't seem like the blue offered by Tesla. Paint job?

It could be the wrap mentioned in http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/15924-Model-S-with-Custom-Blue-Paint.

About a month ago or so, someone posted another model s parked in about the same spot, basically right across the parking lot from sunsets. It had dealer tags.
I have spotted many a model s parked around this spot. Silver p85 with grey 21s, that white one a couple times, and I saw a blue one driving near there. They are definitely becoming more common up here in the north woods!

Bunch of random Model S's (and one Roadster) sighted on Sunday at the 1 Year Anniversary UTC Mall Tesla Store event in San Diego. Lots of owners showed up, INCLUDING the one who owns the lavender custom painted S. Here's a quick snapshot:

lavender-tesla.jpg

But probably the most notable thing that happened that day was that I saw two random UFOs. Seriously. Weirdest thing ever. But that's another story . . .

Nah. I was sitting on the ledge of the trunk of my Model S, at this event, and between 2 and 3pm I noticed the clouds had finally burned off and the sky was a brilliant blue. So I'm lookin' up to the sky and I see this weird dot, very bright, very distant. So I squinted and noticed it was not a star, it was some kind of aircraft or something, but it was really high up, I mean many miles. But absolutely stationary. And then *another* one appeared next to it, just suddenly, maybe 1 degree apart. They just both sat there, very high in the blue sky, doing nothing. Moved my eyes around, moved my shades around, to make sure they were actually there. They were. And then after about a minute or two the one on the left suddenly vanished and then about 10-15 sec after that, the one on the right suddenly vanished.

And so now I can actually say I have seen UFOs. But I digress . . .

Nah. I was sitting on the ledge of the trunk of my Model S, at this event, and between 2 and 3pm I noticed the clouds had finally burned off and the sky was a brilliant blue. So I'm lookin' up to the sky and I see this weird dot, very bright, very distant. So I squinted and noticed it was not a star, it was some kind of aircraft or something, but it was really high up, I mean many miles. But absolutely stationary. And then *another* one appeared next to it, just suddenly, maybe 1 degree apart. They just both sat there, very high in the blue sky, doing nothing. Moved my eyes around, moved my shades around, to make sure they were actually there. They were. And then after about a minute or two the one on the left suddenly vanished and then about 10-15 sec after that, the one on the right suddenly vanished.

And so now I can actually say I have seen UFOs. But I digress . . .

Brian...Come on! That was Elon in something new from SpaceX. Nothing more, nothing less:wink:

Separated at birth?

Not random on the Model S which is mine, but a random occurrence nonetheless. Daughter's babysitter arrived in her "new" used car that her father helped her buy. She said it's a Chevy but has a Toyota engine. I googled Chevrolet Prizm to confirm my suspicion that it was made at the NUMMI plant in Fremont between 1998 and 2002.

When I told her our cars were built in the same plant, she excitedly replied "So I can tell everyone I got a Tesla!?"

zu8y4y5y.jpg

Separated at birth?

Not random on the Model S which is mine, but a random occurrence nonetheless. Daughter's babysitter arrived in her "new" used car that her father helped her buy. She said it's a Chevy but has a Toyota engine. I googled Chevrolet Prizm to confirm my suspicion that it was made at the NUMMI plant in Fremont between 1998 and 2002.

When I told her our cars were built in the same plant, she excitedly replied "So I can tell everyone I got a Tesla!?"

zu8y4y5y.jpg

LOL... tell her yeah in essence.