Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So glad I got green!

de7aby8e.jpg

I've been seeing this handsome Model S on my way to work in Arlington, VA. There was a Roadster (service loaner?) parked there for a couple days earlier this month. Hi if you're on the Forums!
View attachment 36229

I finally see a car I recognize! That one is right around the corner from me and was one of the first I saw in the wild. Checking it out daily made me decide to buy mine. BTW - I see the Marymount shuttle in the background. I can never get away from those either! :)

Tesla probably applied for several plates at the same time

Maybe it was just me, but AFAIK we Virginians were on our own for plates. Since Tesla can't sell here, they don't do much in terms of that stuff so it might have just been a coincidence. In another instance of bizarreness, I have the same address # as the guy pictured and the same phone number except for 1 digit (his # was posted on the M3 that he presumably sold after buying the S).

At an event yesterday in Minneapolis, so not totally "random". Grey P85+ on the right and Black S85 on the left. We stopped to get lunch :) Both are manufacturer cars owned by Tesla Minneapolis. Sorry for the pic quality. My phone didnt seem to want to focus...
IMAG0217.jpg

Then, later that day at the Minneapolis Service Center, I saw one of the coolest/rarest color combos I have ever seen: Green P85+ with Grey 21s and red brake calipers. Christmas colors!
IMAG0218.jpg
IMAG0219.jpg
IMAG0221.jpg

wow, on the fence about the red calipers.

yea supposedly they actually do not look good in person. real pictures popping up now basically confirm this. I've only heard several people now see these new calipers in person, and all of them said they did *NOT* like the look. I'm actually glad I don't have these now. I think the only one it might look good on is the multicoat red.

here's another higher quality pic on one of the newer wheels.

1471284_10201897517535999_522753082_n.jpg

Sighting at the Woodburn supercharger. Red, Silver and Blue. Blue is mine - just that day changed from 21" to 19" snow tires.
Rides completely different. I feel 21" responded better but 19" has better grip (with snow tires)

Attachments

• IMG_0105.JPG
    IMG_0105.JPG
    301 KB · Views: 759
  • IMG_0106.JPG
    IMG_0106.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 738
yea supposedly they actually do not look good in person. real pictures popping up now basically confirm this. I've only heard several people now see these new calipers in person, and all of them said they did *NOT* like the look. I'm actually glad I don't have these now. I think the only one it might look good on is the multicoat red.

How do they look on the Performance (grey) wheels?

here's another higher quality pic on one of the newer wheels.

View attachment 36803

I'm sorry but those look AWESOME!