Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today @ Darien, CT Southbound I95

IMG_2773.jpg

Aaron

I don't like the graffiti on the white car but I like the look of the vinyl(?) covered nosecone. I have always thought that Tesla should offer the option of a nosecone painted totally in body color. That would really make the car stand out from the IC crowd.

anybody here with photoshop skills who can show us what for instance a red or white car would look like with such an option?

I don't like the graffiti on the white car but I like the look of the vinyl(?) covered nosecone. I have always thought that Tesla should offer the option of a nosecone painted totally in body color. That would really make the car stand out from the IC crowd.

anybody here with photoshop skills who can show us what for instance a red or white car would look like with such an option?

Heres a thread with green and brown

Painted Nose Cone - Looks Great (IMO)

Found a white one for ya

Wrapped nose cone | Forums | Tesla Motors

Last edited:
We were driving up I-91 N between New Haven and Hartford and spotted a Black MS in front of us, with CA plates. Looked like dealer plates.

Then we passed him, and then about 10 car lengths in front of him, was another White MS, also with dealer CA plates.

Well, that can't be a coincidence! I figured both cars must be part of the Tesla Events program. Today, I checked the Events page, and sure enough, today is a Tesla MS Event in Hartford: Test Drive Model S in Hartford! | Events | Tesla Motors

Since they don't show the previous events on the page, I wonder where these two cars were coming from? A previous New England event, or maybe the Milford or Westchester stores?

Still, pretty fun to see TWO MS's running up the highway. (I get my car on Monday, so it's not like there were three at the same time, unfortunately).

MS parking lot

Teslas at Costco in Mettawa 2.jpg

A black Model S 60 parked to the right of my blue 85 at Costco in Mettawa, Illinois. This is what winter, especially a brutal one like we have had this year, looks like near Chicago. Not just the piles of snow, but dirty Teslas. There is just no way to keep our cars clean for more than a day. Another 3-6" tomorrow - sigh!.

It's great to see another MS here - often see a gray one in the Vernon Hills area and there is a white one regularly seen at my office. I don't believe I have seen this one before.

Last edited:
All four of these photos were taken this afternoon from the observation tower at the Udvar-Hazy Air & Space museum near Dulles airport. First, the non-random: two groups of Teslas visiting for TeslaRoadTrip2014 on opposite ends of the parking lot. (My car is the silver one on the right side of the first photo.)
IMG_1841.JPG
IMG_1848.JPG

Now, the random: my wife and kids just happened to see these two parked away from all the other Teslas.
IMG_1840.JPG
IMG_1849.JPG

I could only attend part of today's events, but I had a great time! Many thanks to a great group of organizers, who are probably still enjoying tonight's dinner. :)