Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Aero wheels on a MC Red S85 I spotted in Ontario, Ca
IMG_5994.jpg

My wife and I were in LA for a benefit concert last week. It was the first time in a while that I had driven the I-405. We headed down to Cypress to get a tour of a young friend's workplace, so did about a 50-mile roundtrip on that infamous automotive pipeline. What made the traffic bearable was the near-constant stream of Model S's we saw, most cruising the HOV lane. At one point, it seemed like about every 50th car in the oncoming HOV lane was a Model S. Wow!

The highlight of the sightings (on Thursday April 2) was spying ggr's famously unique magenta Signature flashing by just south of LAX, probably on its way home!

I have no pictures, since I was driving; but it did happen, I promise.

Its funny I thought this was the most bazar thread. Random sightings of Tesla's. I live in Seattle, not California and I see at least 12 Tesla's a day to and from work. I only work 13 miles from my house, I would be pretty busy taking pictures. That was until I recently took a couple of trips. I was in Pismo Beach California last month and saw only 1 Tesla on Highway 101 over a 3 day period. I just returned from NYC and over a 6 day period I saw 4. Hmmmm

I sometimes go weeks without seeing any, and there are a good number of us around... they must have gotten 6.3 with the new "stealth mode" feature

Btrflyl8e saw a white one in St. Petersburg last Thursday while riding in my car. She definitely has the Tesla spidey-sense. I saw a black(ish) one on the Howard Frankland today on the way home. But sightings around here are still pretty rare.

I see them fairly regularly around Cambridge and Boston, maybe 1 or 2 a day. One day recently I saw 6 but that was unusual. The only time I take photos is when I see multiple cars, like this silver that parked behind me while my daughter and I had pizza at Armando's.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428422924.728023.jpg

We usually flash lights or wave when driving. Yesterday a guy driving a Volt flashed me a peace sign. Is that a common "V for Volt" salute among Volt owners?

Btrflyl8e saw a white one in St. Petersburg last Thursday while riding in my car. She definitely has the Tesla spidey-sense. I saw a black(ish) one on the Howard Frankland today on the way home. But sightings around here are still pretty rare.
I had completely forgotten about seeing that white one! Bigger props to me for spotting it from the back seat!

I hope I finally am someone's random sighting in late June/early July when I make my big road trip to the Boston area! Seems a flurry are coming from MA lately