Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model X sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Rules on front license plates vary by state. Here in Nevada, you are required to display a front plate only if there is a bracket on which to mount it. Our Toyota Matrix had the bracket and plate, but the way the plate hung down low made it get all bent up every time we took it through a car wash. So I removed the bracket and plugged the holes. It's totally legal. The second plate is required to be kept with the car if not displayed, so it's in the trunk.

Not quite.

The fact that your car came with the bracket means you're required to display the front plate.

Founder #8

I saw F8 charging at the mothership on Friday. The driver (and presumably owner) graciously answered questions and allowed people to open various doors and see details. She said she had gotten it on Sunday (I'm guessing that meant the 17th), and that she thought "all 10, or maybe only 9" founders vehicles had been delivered.

I took a variety of pictures. I noticed only one fit and finish type problem, but I didn't look too hard.
ModelX.jpg

Once I eliminate pictures with recognizable faces in them, there aren't too many left. But here are a few decent ones.

Back
ModelX_back.jpg

Storage with back seats folded
ModelX_storage.jpg

Inside rear door looking forward. There were two kid seats in the middle row.
ModelX_inside1.jpg

Front
ModelX_front.jpg

Sure looks much bigger than the Model S
ModelX_bigger.jpg

Last edited:
I saw F8 charging at the mothership on Friday. The driver (and presumably owner) graciously answered questions and allowed people to open various doors and see details. She said she had gotten it on Sunday (I'm guessing that meant the 17th), and that she thought "all 10, or maybe only 9" founders vehicles had been delivered. I took a variety of pictures. I noticed only one fit and finish type problem, but I didn't look too hard.
Thanks Bet. If you want to post more pics here or hosted somewhere else with a link, I'm sure many of us would be grateful (especially those who chose white!)

I noticed only one fit and finish type problem, but I didn't look too hard.

..and that was...?

I see a couple of things that look like fit and finish issues in this photo, but it could be the photo angle/lighting. Specifically, the driver door handle appears to be crooked. For a fixed handle, I certainly wouldn't expect that. Also, where the bumper meets the front quarter panel, there appears to be an uneven spacing. I realize so much of this depends on angle and curve, so I'm just pointing out what I'm seeing.

Thanks for the photo. That's pretty close to the trim I'd get.

It's great to see that they've seemed to move beyond the first 6 cars. There's starting to be a lot of noise around the internets about how Tesla's pulled the wool over our eyes by launching a couple of token cars to meet the deadline and that they haven't done anything since. I'm assuming this car is one of the first to be made with on the production line (as opposed to hand built).

Maybe I'm totally wrong but I think things are moving slowly but steadily towards volume production.