Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model X sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saw this Metallic Silver founders X in Palo Alto today. Was super psyched because that was the color I ordered and I love it!

What was weird was the passenger FWD was slightly ajar...it was parked and no one was inside. I hope it was just a driver error and not a problem with the door. Other interesting thing to note is how wide the car is when you park it on the street. If you look at both pictures, you can see that the rear tires are about a half foot from the curb and almost outside the "T" painted parking markings.

View attachment 108774View attachment 108775

That must be a Founder's Series car. Not only does it have license plates already, but it was registered in November.

Not quite random but there were 8 Model X's at the Syosset (NY) SC yesterday being prepped for delivery --- 5 Sigs and 3 P90Ds. Was told that a truck had dropped off six vehicles the day before. Nice to see some non-Sig's making their way to customers.

Did the P90Ds have no founder or signature badging, in other words were they regular production Model X's?

Not quite random but there were 8 Model X's at the Syosset (NY) SC yesterday being prepped for delivery --- 5 Sigs and 3 P90Ds. Was told that a truck had dropped off six vehicles the day before. Nice to see some non-Sig's making their way to customers.

I officially call this theory that 3 P90D non-Sig X's were delivered in Syosset complete BS. There is no way Tesla would again invite the ire that they had with Model S production vehicles being delivered before all Sigs.

And I say this in full communication with my DS who claims that our Sig-X hasn't even finished general assembly and is at least 18-25 days away from delivery.

My founder X is still "at the very end of production", but is completely assembled. It's waiting on something; parts, or re-work. Meanwhile other X's built at the same time have already been delivered. Tesla is going to miss my estimated delivery of "January". In December that was thought to be the first half.

I officially call this theory that 3 P90D non-Sig X's were delivered in Syosset complete BS. There is no way Tesla would again invite the ire that they had with Model S production vehicles being delivered before all Sigs.

And I say this in full communication with my DS who claims that our Sig-X hasn't even finished general assembly and is at least 18-25 days away from delivery.

Maybe they are for demo purposes.

I officially call this theory that 3 P90D non-Sig X's were delivered in Syosset complete BS.

I did not say the P90Ds were delivered in Syosset. I said they were delivered to Syosset. No idea how long they will sit in the service center and when they will make their way to end customers.

Viperboy said:
Did the P90Ds have no founder or signature badging, in other words were they regular production Model X's?

No Sig/Founder badging and no rear spoilers.

PeterK said:
Maybe they are for demo purposes.

Was told these were all customer cars. Sales guy thought they (and Westchester) would have a demo car in a month or so, but that it would probably be a "showroom" car and not available for test drives. Interestingly, although Syosset has delivered a number of X's, none of the employees had actually driven one-- strictly Verbotten.

He's full of it. My production car is already done. Waiting for delivery because Sig's haven't been all delivered yet. So your Sig X is done, though they may be doing fit and finish QC, etc.

No Sig/Founder badging and no rear spoilers.
They had spoilers, though they might not have been obvious (by design). All Model X have spoilers. The 70D and 90D have a fixed spoiler in the up position. The P90D has a dynamic spoiler which goes down when the car is locked/parked. So if the spoiler was not visible (it was retracted), then they were P90Ds (not 90Ds) which makes sense as we know that Tesla is only delivering P models right now.

Was told these were all customer cars. Sales guy thought they (and Westchester) would have a demo car in a month or so, but that it would probably be a "showroom" car and not available for test drives. Interestingly, although Syosset has delivered a number of X's, none of the employees had actually driven one-- strictly Verbotten.
To me, it's encouraging that they're delivering non-Sig customer cars already (at least to the service center), but some Siggies might be a little peeved about that (and rightly so, if they are still waiting for their confirmed orders).

-CB

X's with Diapers
Masten.jpg

South of Morgan Hill, CA on US 101. This AM.

Why do you sometimes see the spoilers up on parked cars then? I definitely saw the spoiler up on one of the Sigs (it was Sig Red).
Either it was unlocked or it was a glitch (or there was a squirrel inside the spoiler).

I'm not sure if you can *intentionally* leave the spoiler up while the car is locked, but the default behavior is to retract when the doors are locked and the car is parked. The ones on the car carrier a couple of posts above this were also up, so it's possible they have them up when the car is in "dealer mode" too for some reason. Maybe a Sig owner could chime in if there's a way to leave the spoiler up while parked.

How do you know that for sure other than from internet hearsay? No one has seen a 70D or 90D. No one even knows if one is ever produced. There is no such thing as fixed spoiler mentioned on the official Tesla website either.

The active spoiler is listed as an option included with the P90D. If it's an option, I think logically we just assume the alternative is either a fixed spoiler, or no spoiler at all. I didn't choose a performance package, but my dashboard at Tesla shows a spoiler in the raised position. I'm going to agree with the idea of a fixed spoiler.

How do you know that for sure other than from internet hearsay? No one has seen a 70D or 90D. No one even knows if one is ever produced. There is no such thing as fixed spoiler mentioned on the official Tesla website either.
A.) The spoiler is in a fixed position in the design studio renders for the 70D and 90D (it disappears/retracts in the design studio when you select the P90D).

B.) An Inside Sales Rep at HQ, who seems to be pretty clued in, told me specifically, "Non-performance Model X includes a stationary spoiler that is fixed at the height of the active spoiler’s visibility (high) setting. The active spoiler is only available on P90Ds." This same ISR also told me the precise external dimensions of the 90D before they were "formally" published. So, I think this has a pretty high likelihood of being correct.