Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model X sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are a bunch at the service center in Scottsdale. Not mine yet :(

But I saw this in Scottsdale AZ this morning during my commute going south on Hayden Rd. It was moving pretty good until it caught up to the police car at the light...
2016-06-17-Model X Scottsdale.jpg

Finally! Saw my first confirmed model X (not just a maybe). To get a good look at it I followed it for a while. He was driving very aggressively, LOL! And I'm pretty sure it had no license plate for some reason. This dawned on me after the fact, which is why I'm not sure.

Anyhow, it was much smaller than my Jeep, and much smaller than a pick-up truck or most SUVs. I had wondered about its size much earlier in this thread.

Mission accomplished as far as sightings go.

But man, slow down! :)

Finally! Saw my first confirmed model X (not just a maybe). To get a good look at it I followed it for a while. He was driving very aggressively, LOL! And I'm pretty sure it had no license plate for some reason. This dawned on me after the fact, which is why I'm not sure.

Anyhow, it was much smaller than my Jeep, and much smaller than a pick-up truck or most SUVs. I had wondered about its size much earlier in this thread.

Mission accomplished as far as sightings go.

But man, slow down! :)
Much smaller than a Jeep??! I have test driven and seen X's up close multiple times, I beg to differ. It's a big car, albeit not as big as a full size SUV.

If you think you're Jeep is larger, it's an illusion. It may be because the Model X has lower drag styling which rounds off the ends more than Jeeps which are mostly square and boxy.

The biggest Jeep is the Grand Cherokee
Length - 189.8 inches
Wheelbase - 114.8 inches
Width - 76.5 inches (without mirrors)

Model X:
Length - 198.3 inches
Wheelbase - 116.7 inches
Width - 81.5 inches (mirrors folded)

Either that or you have some older Jeep model that is bigger than the current Grand Cherokee.

• Informative
Reactions: ggnykk and MP3Mike
Well, this is strange I think!

I was in Greenwich, CT today getting my iPhone fixed, and I parked in a lot for Richards, an *very* upscale men's clothing store on Greenwich Ave. My Model S is getting Autoflexed today, so I didn't have my Tesla, but upon returning to the parking lot, I saw this right in front:

upload_2016-6-28_19-39-21.png
\

Sorry for the over-exposure -- I was blocking exiting lot traffic to get the photo... and as I turned around to get out of the way, there was a THIRD Model X in silver/grey right behind me! I held up three fingers to the driver and shrugged in a "WTF" way.

There are TONS of Model Ss in Greenwich, I see several every day of the week (not that many Tesla waves around here :( ). But to see three Model Xs in the same parking lot was a bit of a surprise to me. Also neat that they were White, Grey, and Black.

Also to note there was another Grey Model S in the same lot.

Reactions: ggnykk
Well, this is strange I think!

I was in Greenwich, CT today getting my iPhone fixed, and I parked in a lot for Richards, an *very* upscale men's clothing store on Greenwich Ave. My Model S is getting Autoflexed today, so I didn't have my Tesla, but upon returning to the parking lot, I saw this right in front:

View attachment 183166\

Sorry for the over-exposure -- I was blocking exiting lot traffic to get the photo... and as I turned around to get out of the way, there was a THIRD Model X in silver/grey right behind me! I held up three fingers to the driver and shrugged in a "WTF" way.

There are TONS of Model Ss in Greenwich, I see several every day of the week (not that many Tesla waves around here :( ). But to see three Model Xs in the same parking lot was a bit of a surprise to me. Also neat that they were White, Grey, and Black.

Also to note there was another Grey Model S in the same lot.

I just saw a trio of Xs in Marina del Rey driving in a little convoy. White, Midnight Silver and Obsidian.
I was too busy watching and wondering what they were doing.....to snap a pic. No grins or nods to me so I think they were robot drivers. LOL

Driving in southern Fremont (Mission San Jose area - 10 minutes to Tesla plant), I see an average of 2 Model X each day.

Today my family drove back from Los Angeles to SF Bay Area, and I saw 3 trucks on I-5 south, each within 1 hour apart. The first truck had couple of Model S and the rest are all Model X. The second and third truck are all Model X as far as I can see travelling on the opposite side of the freeway! So it looked like many deliveries to Southern California.

I've also seen a white X charging at the Harris Ranch station along with 3 Model S.

• Informative
Reactions: ggnykk and justdoit
What's the Tesla wave? I'm familiar with the nod, but not the wave.

No, I was holding up three fingers in a "wow, three Model X's right here, right now??!?!?!" kind of way. He saw me taking the photo, and probably thought I was just a Tesla obsessed commoner and not a Tesla owner. I wasn't taking a photo of the rare Model X, I was taking a photo of TWO Model X's parked right next to each other for this thread.

Last week I was at the local Tesla store and saw quite a few Model X in the parkade awaiting delivery and/or test drives. I guess those don't really count as "random" sightings, but today I spotted my first X driving around here in town and exchanged waves with its driver - a beautiful deep blue X. The screenshot from my dashcam doesn't do it justice but it really looked gorgeous in person
screenshot.jpg