Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Roadster Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not exactly random, but:
Tesla Facebook
260215_10150259507982801_18790602800_7434743_1578946_n.jpg

Fresh from his record-setting ascent of Pike's Peak, Nobuhiro Tajima stopped by Tesla yesterday. Here, he poses with the first production Roadster, "P1". After his test drive he said, "the responsiveness and power from the Roadster is what we have always strived for, but never achieved, in my 1000hp race car!"

The Electric Blue Roadster above is one of the first 2 demo cars in Tokyo and the first Roadster I got a chance to drive about a year ago when Tesla showed up in Tokyo. Since then it's been upgraded with a 2.5 front bumper and wheels, and it's now for sale! They want 9.5 million yen for it which comes out to about $114,000 at current exchange rates. It's a Roadster 2.0 Sport with no options, but note that they did stick a CF front diffuser on it for some reason...

Who owns this Roadster?

I met a guy outside of a Palo Alto restaurant over 2 years ago. At that time, he had a Thunder Grey 1.5 with vanity plate 185KW. I think VIN 0069. It was the first Roadster I had seen and he was very gracious with his time; answering all of my questions. This encounter started my love affair with Tesla Motors and two years later, I bought one for myself.

Attachments

• 8228_1259317327567_1368671952_789056_7344287_n.jpg
    8228_1259317327567_1368671952_789056_7344287_n.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 455
Random Roadster Driver Sighting

By random chance I met an engineer from Transport Canada last night. He's one of four engineers authorized to drive the government's Tesla Roadster. (They strictly limit who can drive it -- only those four engineers are allowed.)

TC has a program helping in the development of ANSI standards for electric vehicle mileage. Apparently they are testing a variety of EVs including Leaf, iMiev, motorbikes, etc. He said he personally really liked the iMiev, which he also said would be available in Canada soon.

The Tesla has only been driven on a track and on a dyno, but has about 20,000 km on it (mostly on the dyno). He said he expects they'll sell it in a couple of years. Crown Assets is currently selling one of their vehicles, a Vectrix electric motorbike.

Here (again) is the car in question; it spent the winter in storage mode on display at a local museum:

museumtesla.jpg

Thanks.
I think yours is the gray.
SS's new blue sport is the one day old! (Already got the plate transferred over?!)
SC's red "SUN2EV" is the oldest of the bunch, I bet.
The man dressed in white drives the white one...
That orange wasn't JB was it?

Thanks.
I think yours is the gray.
SS's new blue sport is the one day old! (Already got the plate transferred over?!)
SC's red "SUN2EV" is the oldest of the bunch, I bet.
The man dressed in white drives the white one...
That orange wasn't JB was it?

Four out of five is really good, TEG, but no, the orange one wasn't JB's. No Tesla employees nor non-owner Roadsters were present.

An ex-Tesla employee did drive by in his Roadster, but cell phone reception was lacking so we couldn't reach him. Hard to believe someone in a Roadster could drive by and not notice us!

Four out of five is really good, TEG, but no, the orange one wasn't JB's. No Tesla employees nor non-owner Roadsters were present.

An ex-Tesla employee did drive by in his Roadster, but cell phone reception was lacking so we couldn't reach him. Hard to believe someone in a Roadster could drive by and not notice us!

NICE!

We here in SoCal would die for a cool place like Alice's to eat at. Been looking for a place to dine while admiring and talking about a dozen cars out front. Eating outside is way preferred.