Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Roadster Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Capture1.png

My wife has seen a yellow Roadster 3 times in the last week; each time she thought I was coming to check on her, but then realized it was another owner we know. Funny that she keeps running in to him. (He lives about 20 miles away).

I rarely see Roadsters in the wild, unless I'm meeting owners or driving past the guy down the street that has one. (The Model S is more popular; I think our neighborhood of ~60 houses has 5 of them).

My wife has seen a yellow Roadster 3 times in the last week; each time she thought I was coming to check on her, but then realized it was another owner we know. Funny that she keeps running in to him. (He lives about 20 miles away).

I rarely see Roadsters in the wild, unless I'm meeting owners or driving past the guy down the street that has one. (The Model S is more popular; I think our neighborhood of ~60 houses has 5 of them).

In 4 years and 40k mi I have never seen another roadster in the wild. The nearest one is 85 miles away. Twice I've had other Roadster owners I didn't know introduce themselves when they saw my car but they weren't driving theirs that day.

In 4 years and 40k mi I have never seen another roadster in the wild. The nearest one is 85 miles away. Twice I've had other Roadster owners I didn't know introduce themselves when they saw my car but they weren't driving theirs that day.

There's a small chance we can change that, Henry!

My road trip in May will take me as far as Brattleboro (assuming I have my CANs back). I'm not planning to go further north on my way home, but we might be able to meet up.

@ChadS: Yeah, it's funny that she keeps running into him like that! :biggrin:

And I just saw him less than 2 weeks ago, as well. (At the Nikola Tesla STEM school, no less). Man, we should have moved farther away! This town ain't big enough for 2 yellow Roadsters.

10989149_10203471337919315_7240515202727734708_n.jpg

In photo: ChadS, DaveD, tomsax, xytor, six, s2000, and a few people that I don't think are on these forums. (Tomsax manages a local email list).

Last edited:
Ok, so this isn't so random, from the Roadster's perspective. It's a picture of my Roadster, #834, next to a random Lotus I saw in the parking lot at work. I can't post this to the "look how small the Roadster looks" thread, as it appears that I've got a few inches on the Lotus.
Roadster and Lotus.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: ICON