Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Roadster Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know this one has been listed in this thread but here's a new picture from a colleague of mine yesterday. Car was on Lexington Ave between 46th & 47th yesterday afternoon. Do "we" know who owns OHM RUN? Apparently some gruff security guy tried to stop my friend taking pictures but she charmed him somehow. She also said that the car looked "completely huggable!". Hmmm.

2.jpg

You can find an almost identical picture, same spot but with hard top, by googling "tesla ohm run" which leads to this page. There's a better shot of the same car here.

Last edited:
I'm not the only guy in the village!

After driving my Tesla for two years I saw the first one out-and-about! 2.0 black, black wheels, black roof, tan interior, NJ plates spied at the Trump National Bedminster last week.

I'm no longer alone in this corner of NJ but I didn't get to see the owner; I grabbed lunch and they were gone before I finished.

attachment.php?attachmentid=2283&d=1312808867.jpg

Not the only guy in the village.JPG

I'm no longer alone in this corner of NJ... but I didn't get to see the owner; I grabbed lunch and they were gone before I finished....

When you park next to someone are they bemused or excited that there is another Tesla in town or are the bummed they are no longer the only one?

You need to print up TMC cards to put in the window!

It must have been a pain for him charging up here.

Qualicum Beach has two parking spots at city hall with 120v (5-15) and 240v (L6-20) plugs, the city has a Leaf and Volt on order so they will soon have a standard J1772 also!
(I had to charge up in the town machine shop, they had a good old 14-50 plug!)

Seattle to Qualicum beach is reachable in a single charge, thanks to the ferry.

Qualicum Beach to Campbell River and back easily is within the Roadster's range.

Dymon Solar Tesla

I've finally "collected" a complete set of the Ottawa-based Roadsters.

Here's the third one:

attachment.php?attachmentid=2331&d=1313198727.jpg

This company is installing a huge amount of solar capacity on their self-storage buildings around town.

The other two Ottawa Roadsters are mine, and one owned by Transport Canada (they do MPGe testing, etc.), both of which are Fusion Red.

There are rumors that there soon may be a fourth.

IMG_1239.JPG

I suppose a flashy Roadster like that parked in such a busy location is going to have its' picture taken a lot!

Spotted: Tesla Roadster | Jeffrey Donenfeld
One monkey typing Shakespeare, one post at a time - August 11th, 2010
hot. | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

2.jpg

For the record, this is #898. I took a look at it myself while getting lunch (my first legitimate Roadster "in the wild" sighting!). It's very dusty today. Also the street where it is parked is 3 hr limit and there's a security-like vehicle parked right behind it, maybe someone's bodyguard. There are quite a few investment/financial firms at 485 Lexington Ave so I'd guess the car belongs to a client or director in that building.

Last edited: