Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Roadster Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
PokerBroker, are those 2 Roadsters on the right charging from Model S HPWC? If so, how? Adapter? New port?

They are charging from a Model S HPWC using adapters they borrowed from one of my beta testers. @BryanW you were one of the first people to reserve so I offered to send you one but you temporarily declined. That turned out to be a good choice because the adapter is not reliable yet although it was working for both of the Roadsters in the picture.

Thanks Henry,
I wondered if that was your adapter. The charge cable looks so close to the port it looks almost as if there isn't an adapter there. I hope you don't have too much trouble getting the issues work out and that you still have me on the list for when you get back around to me. (sorry for temporarily hijacking this thread)

Roadster in a sea of Model Ses:

ChargingAmongstModelSes.jpg

Reactions: ICON
They are charging from a Model S HPWC using adapters they borrowed from one of my beta testers. @BryanW you were one of the first people to reserve so I offered to send you one but you temporarily declined. That turned out to be a good choice because the adapter is not reliable yet although it was working for both of the Roadsters in the picture.

Hi Henry,

One of the roadsters was mine and I had two of your adapters at that time. So we had version 1 and version 1.5 in the picture. Only two of the roadsters were charging together, but we tested all three. I used the Can Sr. last two trips and now it works every time. Simply Bravo!

---Kent

Yesterday (01-21-2015) I was in Fremont coming home from Washington Hospital and saw this red Roadster on Mowry Ave southbound just before the 880 freeway on ramp. It kept going on Mowry over the freeway after I turned onto the freeway on ramp. I was in my orange Roadster and waved but didn't see the driver respond. While there are many Roadsters in the SF Bay Area I rarely see one while driving mine.
3f4f605eb63a31e1ed84db9648d583b9.jpg

Yesterday (01-21-2015) I was in Fremont coming home from Washington Hospital and saw this red Roadster on Mowry Ave southbound just before the 880 freeway on ramp. It kept going on Mowry over the freeway after I turned onto the freeway on ramp. I was in my orange Roadster and waved but didn't see the driver respond. While there are many Roadsters in the SF Bay Area I rarely see one while driving mine.
3f4f605eb63a31e1ed84db9648d583b9.jpg

That was me, headed back from lunch :)

I get excited when I see another Roadster on the road with me!

I can tell :) You really need to join the Yahoo group for the Bay Area Tesla Owners Club. We connect up every now and then and its really lots of fun. I can see how big of a smile you'd have being surrounded by 5 or more Roadsters!

I see quite a few Roadsters every now and then on my commute over the windy Highway 17. I use to see Lotus Elises and Exiges but haven't seen any in years now.

Last edited:
... I get excited when I see another Roadster on the road with me!

I would die to see another Roadster on the road. The nearest one is 85 miles away. There used to be one 56 miles away but he traded it for a Model S. People often mistakenly thought that was me because it was the same color, same CF hard top, same black forged wheels. I have to settle for getting excited to see a Model S, which is still pretty rare.

I would die to see another Roadster on the road. The nearest one is 85 miles away. There used to be one 56 miles away but he traded it for a Model S. People often mistakenly thought that was me because it was the same color, same CF hard top, same black forged wheels. I have to settle for getting excited to see a Model S, which is still pretty rare.

Sometime, I will meet you with my roadster. You've done so much for the community I'm sure I'll be on the East Coast to shake your hand. But please, stick around we need you.