Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Roadster Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Best picture of my car I've ever seen

This was from "Cars & Croissants" New Jersey on Sunday. It really brings home to me the difference between my sad eforts over three years and someone who actually knows how to use a camera, with about 10 seconds to take their photo!

bearded.jpg

Can't get the facebook link to work but the photographer is this guy: https://www.facebook.com/beardedmugmedia

• Love
Reactions: ICON
Do what I do, "Improve through equipment". I'll let you know when I've bought the right equipment that truly shows off my hidden/non-existent artistic talents.

This was from "Cars & Croissants" New Jersey on Sunday. It really brings home to me the difference between my sad eforts over three years and someone who actually knows how to use a camera, with about 10 seconds to take their photo!

Can't get the facebook link to work but the photographer is this guy: https://www.facebook.com/beardedmugmedia

I see Model Esses regularly enough around here in the Northern VA & Rockville MD areas that I don't post about them much any more...

However on Tuesday I was at work in Rockville turning from Halpine Rd. in to the small shopping center (where yummy Armands Pizza is located) when I saw a gray car out of the corner of my eye exiting the Congressional Plaza shopping center on the other side of Halpine. It was either a Lotus or a Roadster. I stole enough of an additional glance over my shoulder to recognize the Tesla Shield emblem on the front.

Nice ride my man...

I was at Congressional on Tuesday, but my Roadster is Signature Green, rather than gray (actually, it was more Pollen Yellow at the time :cursing:).

Well:

1) It was admittedly at a glance
2) My color assessment was not "pollen corrected"
3) I'm a tad color blind

So did you get a thumbs up at around noon that day from a dude in a Blue S?

When I was a teenager, a buddy of mine had a few of us over to his house. We all ended up spending the night and the next morning his (very attractive) mom walked down to a group of teenagers. She didn't know we'd all be there and didn't have her makeup on. She was mortified to be seen without it. How is this relevant? I was my friend's mom today. That's how my day was with my Tesla. She was covered in pollen, bird poo, and other tree gunk after a bad parking decision overnight. And I saw more Teslas in the Northern VA / DC / MD area today than I may have seen on any other day. Three of us were on the 267 exit ramp onto 123N at 630 today. The blue S behind me got a thumbs up through my sunroof. I expect the dark one a few cars back saw us as well. There was also a Grey already on 123N as the three of us exited the ramp. Besides we four within a few hundred feet:
- MC Red heading toward Capital One HQ ~830am
- Grey on Tysons Blvd ~840am
- Blacked out and a white on Old Dominion Rd ~645 + 650pm
- 2 others in Rockville that I can't remember any details about (it's been a long day).
It's starting to feel like CA around here! And I immediately washed mine when we got home just in case she's seen in public again tomorrow. Get your cameras ready. Sorry mine wasn't today!