Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Range tanking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
are you sure this is actual real loss and not just reported loss by your third party app? I realize that the stats app is very popular, and the dev is active on this forum etc... but every time there is an update to the car there is a chance that the app developers may be getting data that is not correct or interpreting it incorrectly in their apps.

You are not going to have much luck engaging tesla talking about battery degradation and saying "I see it degrading in the stats app". The second you mention ANY third party app, tesla will basically stop listening.

Have you done a 20% to 100% charge and let the 100% charge actually finish to re calibrate the battery maintenance software?

are you sure this is actual real loss and not just reported loss by your third party app? I realize that the stats app is very popular, and the dev is active on this forum etc... but every time there is an update to the car there is a chance that the app developers may be getting data that is not correct or interpreting it incorrectly in their apps.

You are not going to have much luck engaging tesla talking about battery degradation and saying "I see it degrading in the stats app". The second you mention ANY third party app, tesla will basically stop listening.

Have you done a 20% to 100% charge and let the 100% charge actually finish to re calibrate the battery maintenance software?
I havent done that yet cause im not convinced it works, tried it before to get the 325 and it didnt do anything. I just switched my car to show distance as opposed to energy so I can see in the tesla app what my 90% is.

Looks like I have the same problem as well. My 90% is down to 265. It's dropped from 279 to 265 in the last 3K miles.

Did a trip, charged to 100% which was 295miles! from about 15%. at the weekend. Lost another 3 range after that.

That works out at 5% drop over the last 3K miles. P3D as well, in which case I would be down another 15% by the time the 'annual' service comes around, which definitely doesn't seem right.

My understanding is that the mileage on the main display is the rated miles based on the state of the battery, rather than an estimate based on your driving?

Have booked another service appointment for them to look at it.

Looks like I have the same problem as well. My 90% is down to 265. It's dropped from 279 to 265 in the last 3K miles.

Did a trip, charged to 100% which was 295miles! from about 15%. at the weekend. Lost another 3 range after that.

That works out at 5% drop over the last 3K miles. P3D as well, in which case I would be down another 15% by the time the 'annual' service comes around, which definitely doesn't seem right.

My understanding is that the mileage on the main display is the rated miles based on the state of the battery, rather than an estimate based on your driving?

Have booked another service appointment for them to look at it.
Let me know what they say, I’m thinking it’s a software bug because my 100% has slowly been going down almost every few days.