Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rattle coming from rear seatback latch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

My car's developed a really loud and annoying creak/rattle that comes from the back seat. Specifically, it's coming from the latch mechanism inside the seatback (the bigger "60%" side, aka driver's side). If the seat is folded forward, there's no noise. If the seat is latched into position, the creak happens anytime the car goes over a bump or experiences some kind of twisting force, like when driving through a gutter or up a driveway. I can make the same noise by folding the seat forward and then using my finger to fiddle with the latch.

I did a quick search but couldn't find anything. Anyone else experience this? Any way to fix the latch mechanism that's built into the folding seatback?

Hi all,

My car's developed a really loud and annoying creak/rattle that comes from the back seat. Specifically, it's coming from the latch mechanism inside the seatback (the bigger "60%" side, aka driver's side). If the seat is folded forward, there's no noise. If the seat is latched into position, the creak happens anytime the car goes over a bump or experiences some kind of twisting force, like when driving through a gutter or up a driveway. I can make the same noise by folding the seat forward and then using my finger to fiddle with the latch.

I did a quick search but couldn't find anything. Anyone else experience this? Any way to fix the latch mechanism that's built into the folding seatback?
I have the same identical issue, but for the rear passenger side. Have you found any solution to it?

Hi all,

Check if the metal U clamp is rubbing and wearing away the plastic below. That was causing the sound on mine. Small piece of adhesive felt has resolved it.

3A54D046-C7F8-4054-8788-5C59B09C7362.jpeg

Reactions: Adam3