Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rattles? These ended mine.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Rattles were driving me crazy. I installed some cameras and along the way replaced some clips. See the attached image. Once I replaced clips, all the rattles are gone. Lesson - keep some of these clips in your garage!

Attachments

• IMG_6405.jpg
    IMG_6405.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 256
  • Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911
Some of the clips Tesla uses should be replaced anyway if a panel is removed. E.g. Door panel clips gave up after a few removals.

Another tip is to add felt tape to all surfaces where the panels or clips meet. I spent 5 meters in a few millimeter pieces mostly on dashboard clip openings.

A bit of deadening material (but be conservative, you're only after resonation) on the backs of the panels is also a good idea.

Result: permanently rattle free cabin secured.

These are the clips that hold the interior trim pieces to the core sheet metal. I looked all over, and I don't suggest the variety packs on Amazon. BelMetrics carries the Tesla specific ones - the only ones I needed were:

D10687 - Tesla Clip [D10687] - $0.97 : Bel-Metric, Metric Hardware, Metric Fasteners, Metric Bolts, Metric Nuts & Time-Sert Thread Repair

These matched exactly the clips holding the trim interior pieces.

There are a few more I believe for other areas of the car like door trim.

Seriously, this solved all my rattles for 10 for $10!

• Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: Takumi and croman
And who can help with my B-pillar rattle??!!?!?!?!?!?
I assume you have AP2+ car, and it is the camera harness rattling. If it is improperly installed, it can do that.

Here’s a good instruction B Pillar Rattle Solved 2017 Model S (with PICS)

You can see some flimsy blue clips in some of the photos which can be replaced with what OP is suggesting. The original clips break easily, and so do the clip holders on the panel. Be absolutely sure not to bend this panel, but pull straight outwards.

I managed to enable the harness rattle myself when doing deadenings, so I redid the whole harness opening with soft foam and felt taped the harness. Will never rattle.

• Informative
Reactions: ICUDoc