Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rattling noise from sun visor?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep , Mine also were rattling ..My 100D car is 3 weeks old ..I had a 90D that did not have this issue ..The magnets are loose in both visors .
I temporarily fixed it by affixing a small dot of material to the headliner behind the visor exactly at the spot the magnet extrudes .
We had a bunch of these around , left over from a pack . They are used for putting under furniture legs so they slide and don't scratch the floor ..But any padding will do as long as it contacts the magnet when it's out (connected ) ...To be clear , stick this pad to the pillar behind the magnet ...Not on the visor ..I called Tesla SC and they ordered 2 repacement visors for me ...

Reactions: Peteski
I also have the rattle....so Im headed to the hobby shop and going to pick up some sticky backed felt, thinking a small disc of felt on the magnetic tip will stop the problem. Seems that a simple touch of the hand usually stops the rattle, but I think my solution may keep it from coming back. We will see.

Yep , Mine also were rattling ..My 100D car is 3 weeks old ..I had a 90D that did not have this issue ..The magnets are loose in both visors .
I temporarily fixed it by affixing a small dot of material to the headliner behind the visor exactly at the spot the magnet extrudes .
We had a bunch of these around , left over from a pack . They are used for putting under furniture legs so they slide and don't scratch the floor ..But any padding will do as long as it contacts the magnet when it's out (connected ) ...To be clear , stick this pad to the pillar behind the magnet ...Not on the visor ..I called Tesla SC and they ordered 2 repacement visors for me ...
Good morning, I heard about your great idea from the Ranger last week. Looking to do the same for mine. Thanks for the idea!

Mine does this once in a while but I found a fix (at least for now). When you go to put them away rotate the visor further towards the headliner then snap it in place. that extra contact stopped the rattle and has been good since I figured this trick out and didn't require a SC visit.

Mine don't rattle but since they replaced my windshield, they hit the glass when you bend them vertical. This was causing the magnet to pop out of the holder on the rear view mirror. They replaced the visors with "new" ones and while they don't pop out anymore, they still rub the glass.