Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Raven \ Current Model Comparisons with Previous Models

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I and others are curious as to the differences between the Raven and current model configurations and previous model S \ X offerings from Tesla.

The obvious additions attributed to "Raven" as I understand it:

Greater efficiency replacing the front motor with the model 3 permanent magnet motor and ceramic bearings.
Adaptive suspension (My experience shows superior, more comfortable ride in comfort and greater road handling in sport)
HW 3.0

Impressive improvements in my book.

Also, I have noticed some features that are no longer offered or available. These include the powered sunroof, alcantara, descriptive rear badging, and no more AM radio (which I can't figure out how much that would save the company by its removal),

If there are additional known changes for better or worse in the Raven or current model offerings curious minds would like to know.

• Informative
Reactions: Minecon_CA
Some of those changes ..sunroof etc predated the raven ..other big items are no 72a onboard charger , vegan not leather seats , MCU upgrade ..again the main ones you already stated others above were before raven

Reactions: AMPd
and no more AM radio (which I can't figure out how much that would save the company by its removal),
They changed the chipset they use for the new radio. It seams like it supports better HD and RDS (I think that’s the abbreviation- song info) at the expense of dropping AM support. Gotta go with what available. I’m sure Tesla didn’t design the guts of the radio.

• Informative
Reactions: SDRick
With the Raven models this was also introduced:

- Improved 0-60 mph times for Long Range and Standard Range models
- 163 mph for the Performance models
- Capable of achieving 200 kW on V3 Superchargers and 145 kW on V2 Superchargers

Some owners has also noted less tire/wind noise.

Reactions: jdw and P85_DA
HW 3.0

Also, I have noticed some features that are no longer offered or available. These include the powered sunroof, alcantara, descriptive rear badging, and no more AM radio (which I can't figure out how much that would save the company by its removal),

None of these were the result of the Raven switch. They all came at some point prior.

Pano been gone for a long time. Heck, they probably have data on how many times they are opened.
Wow. No pano-roof no sale. What's up with that? Has that been gone for a while? Guess I'll be driving my 2012 forever.

Pano has been gone from the custom order page since November 2018. I have a September 2018 P100D with pano roof, it was a requirement for my purchase.

I think they were still producing inventory cars with pano until early 2019 as I did see some 2019 cars with pano roof in inventory a few months ago.

• Informative
Reactions: TK16688
They changed the chipset they use for the new radio. It seams like it supports better HD and RDS (I think that’s the abbreviation- song info) at the expense of dropping AM support. Gotta go with what available. I’m sure Tesla didn’t design the guts of the radio.
I believe the different model 3 motor they put in the Raven generates a different pattern of static radio waves that blocks the ability to have am radio received and this is also why the 3 can't do am. Basically it would be too much static.