Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Raven" Shudder

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know there is a loooong shudder thread here already, but there are so many replies it's hard to find like for like comparisons.

Has anyone noticed the shudder on a Raven X? I took delivery in July 2019 and mine has gotten progressively worse when on Standard height. She shudders even when accelerating at highway speeds (use to be from a stand still only).

Lowering the suspension does help, but it doesn't eliminate the issue.

Anyone else?

My Model X (VIN 206XXX delivered Sept 22, 2019) has a terrible shudder under any and all acceleration. I am pulling a camping trailer most of the time so the drive train is under load and it is bad.

Took it in to service today on a road trip (in Ohio, based in Arizona, couple thousand miles from home). They confirmed the problem, verified all the torques etc were correct and nothing was broken. Said it is safe to drive but needs to go to a service center where it will have to remain for a couple of days to work with Tesla engineering to find a solution as it definitely is not right. It is much like the motor mount problems of the early Model X and the problem appears to be in the front motor system.

Not happy.

I keep mine on Low all the time now, which mostly prevents it, but my May build Raven X definitely has intermittent issues with shudder, mostly on moderate acceleration in the 25-40 mph range. I haven't taken that to Tesla yet to see what they have to say.

I keep mine on Low all the time now, which mostly prevents it, but my May build Raven X definitely has intermittent issues with shudder, mostly on moderate acceleration in the 25-40 mph range. I haven't taken that to Tesla yet to see what they have to say.

Be aware, keeping it on low all the time will BURN up your tires, faster than a cheetah with his ass on fire. The camber is off.
Get it in and get the fix as soon as you can.

It's not an option for those that tow. And since it's torque/power induced, those that tow tend to see it much more often.

7,000 mi since July Whoa!! I'm guessing lucky I have no idea about a shudder...where is it coming from?

With the older front motor, it was believed to be the motor vibrating back and forth on its mounting. There’s a kit out there that is supposed to prevent it for the older cars.

I believe the Raven motor mounting is different, but the shudder presents the same way, and can be addressed the same ways, so I suspect it is still the drive motor moving.