Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reaching the Magic $25,000 Price Point, Who First?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As great as it sounds, the big dealbreaker for the Bolt/EUV is the DC charge speed-> 50kW max. 45 mins to an hour and half for charging is painfully slow. And as much as people say its An around-town car only, many people will still want to take it long distance.

Don’t know why Chevy didn’t up that to 150 or even 100kw. Be a really good car if it was.

God! It's not even a constant 50 kW. 100 miles in 30 minutes is 50 kW if you assume 4 mi/kWh. So the additional half hour is only 30 kW. Gad! I feel restricted by the Tesla 75 kW urban chargers. I hope they find a better source for their batteries in the future! I agree that lots of people have a car for around town driving and another for trips, but it seems silly to buy any car with a 2 hour charging time for ~200 miles.

I was giving this car a look for my other garage. The Nissan is out because they don't maintain the batteries very well, temperature wise. Now the Chevy is out. We'll see what the other Asian companies come up with.

I looked at the Bolt when I was buying my Tesla in 2018. I asked about charging and the salesman just looked at his shoes. I never realized they didn't do faster charging.

At least you know now.

Unfortunately, a LOT of people are going to find this sad fact long after they purchase it and are on their first road trip. Then at the first stop, when it takes a good hour plus, they wonder if “all EV’s are like this”. When they find out they’re not, it’s too late. Stuck with it for a few years.

Reactions: SmartElectric