Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Real life experience with Xcelerate warranty?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
save for example your MCU craps out. or lets say the octovalve system breaks or you AC or heating system break, is this all covered @X-Care EV
Yes, yes and yes. On a side note, most people are unaware of how Tesla builds their cars (and BTW, I'm on my third Tesla, worked for Tesla and love these cars). They are primarily designed to be fast to manufacture, which means most components are not built with a view towards repair but rather replacement. The seats for instance are welded together as one contiguous unit, and if there is a problem they usually need to be entirely replaced to the tune of $2000-$3000. A pair of headlights will set you back ~$3000 (and they usually fail in pairs, b/c they came out of the same box), and the list goes on and on.
My favorite line I've used for many years now is "Owning a Tesla is like dating a Supermodel, its going to be fun but its gonna cost you" :)
Proud to support our community, Tesla and the mission to electrify our world. Thanks for your question and allowing me the opportunity!

I recently filed my first claim and this was part of the instructions. I don't quite understand how to handle it especially since it's a mobile visit. Am I supposed to wait for the guy to show up to inspect the car, then tell him to actually not do anything until I upload a new estimate and wait for Xcare to approve it immediately? The logistics don't make sense to me, since I already have an estimate and I doubt they need to generate a new one. Has anyone gone through this step?

"On the day of your appointment Tesla will update the estimate of repair after the vehicle has been inspected. Please forward this revised estimate to us for claim review. If we provide authorization for repairs you will be given an authorization number and repairs may commence immediately. You must have authorization before any repairs are made or your claim will be denied."

Yep. Normal. XCare can’t pay out based on an estimate, rather just approves the claim. I believe the process goes something like this -

1) Something isn’t right on your Tesla & you have xCare
2) You make appointment with Tesla SC
3) Send your initial estimate to you xCare; they send back a CLXXXXXXXXX number for your claim. It’s approved, PENDING a final invoice
4) Tesla does the work; be it at a SC or Mobile.
5) You receive a final repair invoice. Here you have a choice; a) send it to xCare, inform your SC, they‘ll determine what to cover and pay minus the $100 deductible OR b) you pay in full and send a $0.00 paid invoice to xCare and they mail you a check.
6) Your Tesla is repaired

Open to process correction if I’ve missed something. Just made our second use of xCare and went smoothly as expected.

Reactions: XCare EV and byeLT4
XCare is having our Semi-annual Virtual Town Hall on Saturday, 5/13 at 11am Central!

During that time, we'll discuss Tesla Service, XCare coverage, our personal histories with Tesla and a comparison between the Tesla ESA and XCare.

We will be encouraging questions throughout, and plan to have an XCare member present their claim experience.

This meeting will be on Zoom, and on camera is encouraged (but not required).

Space is limited, so click on the link to register and secure your spot! XCare EV Virtual Townhall

See you there!

-The XCare team at Xcelerate

Reactions: GeoG and byeLT4
Very close to taking the plunge and signing-up my 2019 Model S for XCare coverage.

I have a couple of questions, probably already addressed somewhere on the forums, but here goes:

Does the XCare policy cover work done at service centers that aren't "Tesla factory" service centers? For example, there is a Tesla-oriented EV auto repair shop in the area. If my car is repaired at that shop, is it covered by XCare?

If client has non-factory parts installed by a third party, such as a fix for half shaft issues, does that void the warranty? (I haven't done anything like this, but just curious).

Thanks in advance for reply.

Very close to taking the plunge and signing-up my 2019 Model S for XCare coverage.

I have a couple of questions, probably already addressed somewhere on the forums, but here goes:

Does the XCare policy cover work done at service centers that aren't "Tesla factory" service centers? For example, there is a Tesla-oriented EV auto repair shop in the area. If my car is repaired at that shop, is it covered by XCare?

If client has non-factory parts installed by a third party, such as a fix for half shaft issues, does that void the warranty? (I haven't done anything like this, but just curious).

Thanks in advance for reply.
Thanks for the questions, and happy to help! We prefer our members to go directly to Tesla, as they warranty their work and use only Tesla OEM parts.
If Tesla fixed the half-shafts, we would cover subsequent repairs, but we do not cover non-Tesla modifications. They usually have a warranty from their own manufacturer/installer, and would be outside of our coverage.

Hope this is helpful, and hope we can welcome you soon to XCare! Brent

Just thought I'd post this link to reviews of X-Care on TrustPilot. So proud to see all of the positive experiences! Xcelerate is rated "Great" with 4.2 / 5 on Trustpilot
I'm very interested in this coverage. Not to be too neurotic about us but why are there almost exclusively Aug. 2020 reviews on Trustpilot, dated Aug 20 and Aug 27, and one misplaced about a gym in GB (and not x-care), and only one from 2022.

I am currently using Xcare for a repair. It's been quite a headache so far. Xcare is under Endurance insurance and it's hard to get someone live.
Sent in Tesla repair service estimate. Was told it's approved. Then needed more information. And now I am being told that the tesla quote is not enough. Been trying to connect the warranty rep to the tesla rep and it's next to impossible due to the delays.

Fingers crossed it works out. Will update.

I am currently using Xcare for a repair. It's been quite a headache so far. Xcare is under Endurance insurance and it's hard to get someone live.
Sent in Tesla repair service estimate. Was told it's approved. Then needed more information. And now I am being told that the tesla quote is not enough. Been trying to connect the warranty rep to the tesla rep and it's next to impossible due to the delays.

Fingers crossed it works out. Will update.
Reach out to me directly and I'll escalate. Sometimes when there can be multiple causes for an issue, our claims partners need to gather more info to ensure things are done properly. [email protected]

Reactions: GeoG and Wurzig
Noticed certain failures during our memorial day drive out of nowhere. Just stopped working

Much appreciated of Brent for stepping in and helping. Things are suddenly moving and so far so good. Fingers crossed 🤞
We want all of our members to have a positive claims experience, but sometimes getting people on the phone for clarification of issues is problematic, especially with Tesla's "low touch, app driven" service experience. Happy to have helped, and appreciate your patience with the process while we got the details needed to finalize the process. Have a great day, and thanks again for allowing us to protect your Tesla! Brent @ XCare

Reactions: byeLT4 and Wurzig
We want all of our members to have a positive claims experience, but sometimes getting people on the phone for clarification of issues is problematic, especially with Tesla's "low touch, app driven" service experience. Happy to have helped, and appreciate your patience with the process while we got the details needed to finalize the process. Have a great day, and thanks again for allowing us to protect your Tesla! Brent @ XCare
Will this level of continue with the increase in customers? Are there more Brent’s at xcelerateauto?

Reactions: Daveb25 and TLLMRRJ