TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Realistic UK model 3 delivery expectations?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Tanflado, Jul 2, 2016.

1. Tanflado

Tanflado Member

Anyone out there with any ideas when us Brits will realistically see the first Model 3 deliveries? I ordered mine April 1st on line.
    My lease car goes back March 2018 and I'm not overly confident Tesla will have my car ready in time to accomadate this.
    Would 2019 be a more realistic target??

Cheers Tanfaldo

2. Model 3

Model 3 Active Member

I expect the first European cars to be produced early 2018 with deliveries in late February or March. But it is hard to say when they will have the LHD cars ready. I would expect maybe late 2018? Or 2019...

But on the other hand, given that it isn't any instrument cluster behind the wheel, it may be easier to convert it to LHD, and it may be ready earlier?

3. Dan43

Dan43 Member

Model X deliveries yet to hit UK it seems and Model S were quite a way behind US deliveries. Rough maths would add 1 year from time a Model 3 lands with its first US customers. EU LHD will naturally get ahead than RHD for UK.

4. JeffK

JeffK Active Member

I'm going to go ahead and guess mid to late 2018 as well assuming no delays. If production can ramp up a quickly as hoped for then they'd be able to crank through all the US pre-orders before early 2018. It makes sense to start producing batches for outside the US after that.

5. Jayc

Jayc Member

Elon has stated clearly that those around the world will have some advantage due to being in different regions so I expect overseas preorders to start before end of all US pre orders. It is only logical that US then LHD gets priority but absolutely no sense in delaying overseas deliveries till all US is done with.

6. alseTrick

alseTrick Member

I would expect it later rather than sooner. I don't think anyone saying 2018 is being honest. US, Canada, International right hand drive countries, then left hand drive countries like the UK. Considering there are likely 250,000 US reservations alone - more than Tesla has produced in its entire history up to this point? - a 2018 delivery date sounds impossible. I think some US reservation holders won't even get vehicles until late 2018 as it is, and if there are delays it won't be until 2019.

7. JeffK

JeffK Active Member

Full production rate will be over 33000 Model 3s per month. If Elon's estimate that they might get 100k to 200k out before the end of 2017 holds true then if we go on the low side and estimate 100k in 2017 then all the rest of the (current) US preorders would be completed during the first half of 2018. This would maximize the US tax credit as Elon stated they would try to do.

8. nexsuperne101

nexsuperne101 Member

8th August 2018 will be when my Tesla gets delivered.

• Like x 2
  9. Jayc

Jayc Member

• Like x 1
  10. nexsuperne101

nexsuperne101 Member

I didn't say which Tesla. I will be 43 on that date, hence the significance for me. It will hopefully be the 3, but if it isn't looking hopeful, then I will have an S instead :)

11. Model 3

Model 3 Active Member

Ok, then that date will be exactly one year to late. You will have to get it on your 42 birthday, and name the car with your age. ;)