Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear Door - emergency release MY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can’t find it on my Sep 2022 MY, the bottom of the door pocket is just fully lined and can’t be removed. Read lots of confusing threads, earlier models had a cover you remove. It appears from October there is a new red tab, under a mat. did Sep just not get one due to the transition?

My June, 2022, has removable liners in the rear door pockets...just like my 2020 did. I removed them with my fingers but needed a screwdriver to pop open the tab underneath and then needed a needlenose to grab the coble that opens the rear door. I put a plastic tie around it and let it stickup after replacing the liner. I can pull on the plastic tab and open the rear door. I guess they could have changed the design but I'd make sure the liner can't be removed. It is a snug fit.

Thanks, there’s clearly no removable liners on mine, the trim in the door pocket feels glued down. It’s looking like the q3 uk shipment from China didn’t fit them as it was on the transition to a new setup. I’m trying to confirm this.

Sep 22 MY from Fremont

1666603802007.png
1666603823327.png

Reactions: xls_ and MB11
This is what I have. The slightly raised bit looks like an integral part of the carpet, after considerable force with a screwdriver was applied it did pop out. There was nothing in the hole, but after poking a finger in and fishing around, I found a wire with foam over the end. It’s clearly not designed to be removed. There’s no rubber mat either. It’s also unlikely I could get the leverage to pull the wire. I’m just trying to establish if something is missing or is this just the transition between design. AFAIK even the older design had some form of functional door release?

Attachments

• 999493A7-24C5-44E3-AB02-F14625078654.jpeg
    999493A7-24C5-44E3-AB02-F14625078654.jpeg
    421.1 KB · Views: 58
This is what I have. The slightly raised bit looks like an integral part of the carpet, after considerable force with a screwdriver was applied it did pop out. There was nothing in the hole, but after poking a finger in and fishing around, I found a wire with foam over the end. It’s clearly not designed to be removed. There’s no rubber mat either. It’s also unlikely I could get the leverage to pull the wire. I’m just trying to establish if something is missing or is this just the transition between design. AFAIK even the older design had some form of functional door release?
I’d raise a support request. This seems like a safety issue and likely a liability to Tesla if something were to happen. Old design was a nondescript cover, this just seems like a factory worker failed to cut this section out and put the cover in. Also seems weird that you’re missing your door rubber mat.

I believe that the "wire with foam cover" can be pulled to open the door. Try giving it a pull. Again, I put a plastic wire tie around it and I can pull on that to open the door. The tie also sticks out when the liner is put back in so it makes it easy to access. It takes a good yank so I don't believe a child could do it.

Reactions: MB11