Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear Ended Monday

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good luck proving that.

You just want to continuously disagree with me in all threads - no matter what I say.

No, I’m just like an umpire, I call them as I see them. And in this case, you’re flat wrong.

You want proof? Here.

2017, 2018 and 2019 renewals.

The Cadillac damage happened in
April 2017. You saw the photos. I was not at fault (vehicle was parked.). 2019, still “Accident Free.”

2017 renewal: $1,111.44
2018 renewal: $1,020.14
2019 renewal: $938.36

So there’s more of those elusive “facts” for you.

Stop spreading misinformation when you don’t know what you’re talking about.

5680D2FA-060F-4916-8FD7-414EC641C2BE.jpeg
25E5EDC3-F99C-48AC-8980-8344BB0685C1.jpeg
D0DE053C-E7BA-48C5-83C5-62B1CD6036A1.jpeg

Like I said.....an accident from a decade ago would certainly not count now.

Read.

Which part of APRIL 2017 ARE YOU MISSING?
The Cadillac XT5, which was damaged, only came on the market as a 2017 model!

Today is June 15, 2019. Last time I checked, April 2017 was between 2 and 2 1/2 years ago.

This brings up some interesting questions.....
1. Do most of you that get your Tesla cars repaired still keep the car???.....in which the value has depreciated dramatically...
2. Can we expect a high insurance cost increase on our next insurance bill?
3. Are these cars disposable like a dixie cup?

Your self created text isn't proof of anything.

I laid it all out there. Plain as day.

Photos of the damage, copies of my bills, policies, etc and yet you still call me a liar.

I’m going to be respectful because I appreciate TMC but I’m not going to let you accuse me of making things up.

The only one here making baseless statements (automatic rate increases for not-at-fault accidents) is you. But you can’t admit you were wrong, so instead you call me a liar. Nonsense.

I laid it all out there. Plain as day.

Photos of the damage, copies of my bills, policies, etc and yet you still call me a liar.

I’m going to be respectful because I appreciate TMC but I’m not going to let you accuse me of making things up.

The only one here making baseless statements (automatic rate increases for not-at-fault accidents) is you. But you can’t admit you were wrong, so instead you call me a liar. Nonsense.

Please Read.

I didn't call you anything. Show me where.

You should go disagree with this guy since your rates are going down. State Farm increasing premiums on Model 3

I am asking people to call their insurance company.

Last edited:
There is no better feeling than having your car totaled after initially being told it would be repaired. I managed to upgrade to a Raven Performance for less than it would have cost me to upgrade from my 100D to a P100D when it was new!

As far as calling your own insurance and the effect on rates, google tells me the answer is "maybe". So perhaps the two going back and forth here are both right and should declare their respective victories rather than further cluttering this thread.

I was forced to call my USAA rep as the truck that rear ended me also hit two other cars, and there was no way his policy had enough coverage. It was weird the way things went at first, as they but I'm certainly happy with the check they cut me for $81K for a 2017 with almost 30K miles.

I'll let you know if my rates go up. I'm guessing they won't since it's USAA, but I'm sure there are companies that would. From what I can find, there is no law against raising rates even when you are not at fault.

Please Read.

I didn't call you anything. Show me where.

You should go disagree with this guy since your rates are going down. State Farm increasing premiums on Model 3

I am asking people to call their insurance company.

Pretty disingenuous of you - edit your post and then deny ever having said it.

Your words - before you deleted them - were “Your self created text isn't proof of anything”

That implies that I’m a liar.

I’m many things, but a liar isn’t one of them.

Your original post (and what you’re wrong about) said “Filing a claim with "your" insurance company automatically ensures your rates will go up at the time of renewal.”

That is not true, there are no “automatics”, and I’ve given you proof that it is not true. If you choose to ignore the facts and continue to believe your own version of reality, that’s your choice. But I don’t appreciate being called a liar.

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
Can't speak for Illinois, but in California you would need to tell your insurer you agree to use your deductible insurance to get repairs started. This is the insurance which typically covers you if you are at fault (mandatory to have this in California). Once you agree to that, your insurer should provide coverage for a loaner car, towing, etc. and work will start on repair. They would make the call on whether its totalled.
They will haggle with other insurer, and hopefully you will get all your deductible payment refunded. But this could take a while, as the other insurer will possibly claim you were partly at fault (unlikely based on the video).
Was the truck driver asleep, or just on his cell??? Bah, humbug!:eek:

With the regentative braking we slow down so quickly the brakes don't get used much and therefore our brake lights and third brake light don't come on to warn everyone behind us we are stopping and/or slowing down like our ICE cars.

The brake lights DO come on during regenerative braking (at least past a certain level of deceleration). You can see when it happens in the screen animation.

IAs far as which 3 cameras to use: The side repeater cameras offer some rear views and a great view of the blind spots. Accidents involving blind spots are harder to prove fault than rear ended accidents. Having the repeater cameras recoding solves this problem. That’s my 2 cents.

+1 and between those three camera you can prove you didn't make any sudden lane changes, so dismissing any claim you cut off the at fault party.

Yeah, honestly my neck and back are bothering me more today than the past few days, and I have been told to not settle any medical claims to quick because of exactly what your saying about it taking time to manifest.

Good advice. If someone would have told me a week after my accident that I would be having these many issues 7 months later I would not have believed it was possible. Wishing you a good recovery.

My wife's minivan was rear ended in April this year, fixed a couple of weeks later, and then rear ended again in May. Both happened at intersections at red lights, hit at lower speeds by inattentive drivers who were not paying attention. I have a front dash cam, but not rear... yet. Both times I went through the other party's insurance and not mine. First was Geico, second was Bristol West. Took the van to my choice body shop the day of each incident and called the other party's insurance on the way there to open a claim. Both companies called the insured to validate their fault right after I opened the claim. Geico got me a direct billed rental car, Bristol West did reimbursement. Both insurance companies paid the body shop directly. I barely had to do anything to make sure they took care of business. BTW, I'm in Florida.

Now, having said all of that. If you have injuries you need to get that looked at ASAP. You have like 10-14 days to report injuries, may be different in your state. In Florida your insurance covers your own injuries, with the other party's covering when you go over an amount, regardless of fault. Get familiar with your state.

Since you were hit by a company vehicle, I'd go with the lawyer advice as well since that company will try to get out of their insurance premium going up. Key is getting the owner to admit fault so their insurance starts to cover things. While my wife was hit by little old ladies who had no issues accepting their personal responsibility, companies will make you prove things every step of the way. Was there no police report that spelled out what happened and who was at fault? Was the other driver ticketed? When I talked to the other party's insurance company I gave them the police report numbers and they took it from there.