TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Rear hatch has no sensor

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by omega731, Jun 26, 2016.

1. omega731

omega731 Member

Upon delivery, my wife tested all of the doors for their ability to "sense." We noticed that the rear hatch didn't stop when she resisted (using hands to stop it.) Has this changed since the most recent update (FWD update)? I'm getting my "Due Bill" issues resolved, so I haven't been able to check.

2. xkwizit

xkwizit Member

Rear hatch doesn't have a sensor. However the .86 software update utilizes the sensor on top of the vehicle to detect clearance and stops the hatch from hitting the garage door or other obstructions. Of course like with all sensors that's dependent upon the positioning of the obstruction and so you need to be watchful and hold the hatch if it gets too close to the obstruction.

3. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

The S hatch will stop closing or opening if you grab it with your hands, if I recall correctly.

Are you saying the when the X hatch is in the process of closing or opening you cannot stop it easily with your hands? That surprises me.

4. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure this All Out

I am pretty sure my X stops when it hits something. On the past update it went up and kissed my garage door and immediately backed off about 2".

5. swesson

swesson Member

I avoid the garage door issue by setting the high level of the hatch at my garage height. If im outside my garage, it is easier to lift it manually the rest of the way. gives me of peace of mind to know it won't hit the door!

6. Hengist

Hengist Member

Rear hatch stops when about 2 pounds of force is applied to its motion. Latest update will limit its rise based on FWD sensors.

7. omega731

omega731 Member

Thank you all for your responses. I will definitely recheck when we get it back.