Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear hatch has no sensor

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Upon delivery, my wife tested all of the doors for their ability to "sense." We noticed that the rear hatch didn't stop when she resisted (using hands to stop it.) Has this changed since the most recent update (FWD update)? I'm getting my "Due Bill" issues resolved, so I haven't been able to check.

Rear hatch doesn't have a sensor. However the .86 software update utilizes the sensor on top of the vehicle to detect clearance and stops the hatch from hitting the garage door or other obstructions. Of course like with all sensors that's dependent upon the positioning of the obstruction and so you need to be watchful and hold the hatch if it gets too close to the obstruction.

Upon delivery, my wife tested all of the doors for their ability to "sense." We noticed that the rear hatch didn't stop when she resisted (using hands to stop it.)
The S hatch will stop closing or opening if you grab it with your hands, if I recall correctly.

Are you saying the when the X hatch is in the process of closing or opening you cannot stop it easily with your hands? That surprises me.