Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear seat switches no longer work

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I picked up my Y on 5/29/20, the switches that lower the rear seats worked fine. I rarely use them, but when I did today, neither worked. I rebooted the car (foot on brake while pressing both steering wheel buttons) and that didn't work.

I suspect something happened when the Tesla service guy came out and replaced my charger port door (misaligned).

Before I call the SC, any suggestions?

Thanks,

Cliff

When I picked up my Y on 5/29/20, the switches that lower the rear seats worked fine. I rarely use them, but when I did today, neither worked. I rebooted the car (foot on brake while pressing both steering wheel buttons) and that didn't work.

I suspect something happened when the Tesla service guy came out and replaced my charger port door (misaligned).

Thanks,

Cliff
Any mechanical/electrical noises when you activate switches?

any one can point where to check the plugs? I guess I have same issue and connector NOT plugged... no sound from switches in trunk but all OK if I push the switch on seat top. Sure they not connected it... Can anyone point what to open to check the connectors??

Thanks,

Cliff
Yes, that’s exactly it. I had the same problem after having my charger port serviced. Takes the Tesla guy 2 minutes to fix.

But where to search? Where those connectors can be ? Shall I pull out the switches from place? or need to open some panels? Any advice will appreciate. Hope I can manage without driving to Tesla, book the time etc.
Sorry, I’m not at all handy so I requested service. Mobile guy came out and did it. As best I could tell, he pulled out the trim panel around the switches and reconnected them there. When you had the port serviced, they go though that same panel and forgot to reconnect the switches as they were finishing the job. Must be a missing step in their manual.