Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear spoiler ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine seems fine. OT question - do you have an IR temperature gun? We were in the 80s around lunchtime and I measured the inside of my windshield (at the top, above my head) at 126.8F. Curious what yours might be at 100.
ohmman, with a receding hairline like that, you may want to think about using sunscreen or a hat in general... for skin protection of course. :)

• Funny
Reactions: ohmman
Spoke too soon. It's gone back to not retracting when locked, and reversed high and low speed angulation. It could be heat related as its about 100 degrees here today.
Try cycling the settings for the spoiler in Controls and rebooting the console and/or power cycling the car. Another person had similar issues and one of those operations fixed it.

My P90D spoiler started acting up yesterday, software update was done several days ago. When I lock the car the spoiler retracts as the mirrors fold (used to it retracted after the mirrors). Once down it immediately comes back up and tilts to the higher speed position. Will have to reboot it and see.

Rebooted both screens (scroll wheels and upper button pairs) and power cycled without change.
Vandacca asked in Random Model X sightings if there were alerts or cartoon changes. No alerts and I’m not sure where I would expect to see cartoon changes (maybe charging screen but mirror positions are not reflected there).
Without the elevated spoiler there is no upper brake light so I would expect this to rise to a high priority level.

• Informative
Reactions: Marcls and ohmman
Rebooted both screens (scroll wheels and upper button pairs) and power cycled without change.
Vandacca asked in Random Model X sightings if there were alerts or cartoon changes. No alerts and I’m not sure where I would expect to see cartoon changes (maybe charging screen but mirror positions are not reflected there).
Without the elevated spoiler there is no upper brake light so I would expect this to rise to a high priority level.
Have you notified your service center? What have they said?

Hope you get it resolved quickly. Glad it's not something that's keeping you from driving it! ;)
It ought to have kept me from driving because there's no upper brake light, but that's not something that is going to stop me.

Good news! The spoiler is working again. It turns out it may have stopped going up after I connected the tow hitch, before attaching any wiring harness or entering tow mode and then did not stop working when I removed all that hardware and exited the tow mode. Before driving this evening I toggled The tow mode switch on, exited the vehicle, reenter the vehicle and turned off the tow mode. Thie spoiler went up after I started driving.

At least it's definitely a software problem.

Update:

The service manager looked into my concerns and it is determined that my spoiler is fixed, it will not retract. Upon inspection, it is indeed fixed. Apparently, there are a few out there, including mine, that are fixed. I ordered a non P without a retractable spoiler but with a tow package but at the moment I can't tow my AS because the hitch is on backorder.

Still having some spoiler trouble here. Yesterday spoiler moved up only after driving above 25mph then moved into the fully down position when coming to a stop, hiding the brake light when needed most. Cycling the spoiler setting fixed that new problem and all seemed well on the next drive.

Reactions: Softwizard
My spoiler has a mind of its own. Sometimes it does not close when locked and sometimes it just pop up few minutes after it locked and folded down.

in order for tesla to troubleshoot it, the tech told me to keep track of the date and time when it happens so they can look back at the log and figure out what happened.

Still having some spoiler trouble here. Yesterday spoiler moved up only after driving above 25mph then moved into the fully down position when coming to a stop, hiding the brake light when needed most. Cycling the spoiler setting fixed that new problem and all seemed well on the next drive.

Mine has starting doing this same thing, although I think mine is going into up position at about 40 mph (not 25). It never goes to the "efficient" mode, but will quickly drop down when coming to a stop and stay down until I get back up about 40mph. Above 40, it is in the highest position/the one with the most visibility.

A reboot of the car (two scroll wheels depressed) fixed it (again), but it is only a matter of time before it needs resetting again.

I reported to Tesla Service on Friday just so they would have record of it. This only started with last weeks 20.45 update.

My spoiler has a mind of its own. Sometimes it does not close when locked and sometimes it just pop up few minutes after it locked and folded down.

in order for tesla to troubleshoot it, the tech told me to keep track of the date and time when it happens so they can look back at the log and figure out what happened.
Mine was this way too until the 45 update. Have you applied it yet? It is (was?) a known problem reported by quite a few persons.

I think it's been said before but if your spoiler is active for more than 4 hours please consilt a physician. :eek::D;)
Yup that was me who said it. Since then I consulted a professional and was told it's performing as expected.
In other words and jokes aside Ok to have a cocked up(pun intended) spoiler than no spoiler, isn't it?

*Awaits notice from mods for obscene spoilery*

• Funny
Reactions: goneskiian