Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear spoiler ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The strange thing is that now the angle adjustment is the opposite of what it was before. Now the spoiler is flat at high speeds and angled at low speeds. Before it was flat at low speeds (better visibility) and angled at high speeds (better efficiency).

The strange thing is that now the angle adjustment is the opposite of what it was before. Now the spoiler is flat at high speeds and angled at low speeds. Before it was flat at low speeds (better visibility) and angled at high speeds (better efficiency).
Boy that's weird. Sounds like a software bug. That or somehow you're travelling in a gravitational well near a black hole that is screwing up the sensors because they were never designed to handle relativistic speeds.

Last edited:
After 45 mine actually works better. By that I mean it is not constantly raising itself when parked. I checked it multiple times over the weekend and it was always tucked in it's home. Prior to 45 it would bolt up whenever it thought I was not looking.

And today I went out and observed it still raises and lowers around 45 mph as before.

• Funny
Reactions: WABarb and xkwizit
The .45 firmware spoiler control is really buggy. Rebooting doesn't help. The high speed/low speed spoiler angles remain opposite of what they were before. Walk away autolock doesn't retract my spoiler but manually unlocking and relocking the car via keyfob does.

• Informative
Reactions: Softwizard
The .45 firmware spoiler control is really buggy. Rebooting doesn't help. The high speed/low speed spoiler angles remain opposite of what they were before. Walk away autolock doesn't retract my spoiler but manually unlocking and relocking the car via keyfob does.
Well, nothing like a good nights sleep to fix software gremlins. Spoiler is back to normal it seems.

Spoke too soon. It's gone back to not retracting when locked, and reversed high and low speed angulation. It could be heat related as its about 100 degrees here today.
Mine seems fine. OT question - do you have an IR temperature gun? We were in the 80s around lunchtime and I measured the inside of my windshield (at the top, above my head) at 126.8F. Curious what yours might be at 100.

I haven't noticed any issues with my spoiler other than the occasional instance of it not going down as expected, but this is typically attributable to an unusual opening/locking sequence while showing off the car.

Mine seems fine. OT question - do you have an IR temperature gun? We were in the 80s around lunchtime and I measured the inside of my windshield (at the top, above my head) at 126.8F. Curious what yours might be at 100.

No IR gun, but definitely uncomfortable at certain angles even with temporary sunshades in place. Hoping the official Tesla sunshade is better.