Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear View Camera - atleast 5 sec delay in coming on (always black initially)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm on 2020.48.35.5 and it's really taking a turn for the worse after functioning well for the last few months. Now there are random delays for the camera to come on. The delays are so long that it's utterly useless.

Unrelated to this last update, when going from Netflix or other entertainment apps it's gotten worse than ever regardless of the latest update: the backup camera just won't come back or you could sit there and wait for minutes for it to come on and it won't, which it's really not practical to sit and wait.

As always, I can tolerate it as I know it may get fixed (although I'm losing confidence at this point). However, my wife will not tolerate it as I've always had to justify us going all in on Tesla or her negativity towards "high tech" cars, in comparison to more "reliable" cars she used to drive before i.e. Camry, Fusion, etc.

I'm unsure if this is worth complaining about to Tesla with a service request or if they'll even look at that.

Last edited: