Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rebadge my model s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was at the SC when a guy picked up his blue P100D with red calipers and he had Tesla put on his old style 19" wheels (my favorite wheels to date too) - it looked amazing as the old 19" expose a lot more of the calipers.
Whole-heartedly agree. I’m upgrading to 20” and my 19” split spokes sold “instantly”. Much sportier and more befitting of the MS than slipstreams IMO.

PM sent...now back to the paid program...

As for debadging/rebadging, I always debadge every car I own. I think that cars just look better with a clean rear end.

In early 2000, I took the "Boxter S" off the back or our car and my wife had a fit. She said "No one will know it's an S" I told her that anyone who actually knows the difference, can tell it's an S...plus, who cares? I debadged my E55 AMG, same thing...people who know what an AMG is will know just by looking at it that it's an AMG.

As for the Model S, there is really no distinction between models except for the badge. I took the badges off of my P85 and I really like the clean look.

You mentioned that "something feels fake". If you took your badges off so that people might think you had a P100D, then maybe you might feel "fake" and compelled to put them back on. If you removed them to clean up the car...mission accomplished and leave them off. There is nothing fake about debadging a car...now, putting P100D badges on an S75...that's FAKE!

As for debadging/rebadging, I always debadge every car I own. I think that cars just look better with a clean rear end.

In early 2000, I took the "Boxter S" off the back or our car and my wife had a fit. She said "No one will know it's an S" I told her that anyone who actually knows the difference, can tell it's an S...plus, who cares? I debadged my E55 AMG, same thing...people who know what an AMG is will know just by looking at it that it's an AMG.

As for the Model S, there is really no distinction between models except for the badge. I took the badges off of my P85 and I really like the clean look.

I agree with literally 100% of this. I have a good friend that made a funny observation. He said people in New England frequently debadge their performance cars, like E55s from your example, or BMW M3s vs. 340i. People in New Jersey / New York / CA never do that - they literally buy the car for the badge. This is the old money / new money mentality. Or Showy vs. not showy - appreciating the car for what it is versus buying the car so people know you have money (which is ridiculous, and is also very LA)

There is nothing fake about debadging a car...now, putting P100D badges on an S75...that's FAKE!

My favorite is people smacking AMG decals onto non-AMG mercedes, and leaving the E320 badge on. Most car people know that AMG engines are almost always forced injection, and have numbering with only two digits (again like your E55). When I see SL500 AMG I cringe! Or C230 AMG. Come on people. I also knew a guy in LA that replace the 5 with a 6 on his S class Mercedes...

You mentioned that "something feels fake". If you took your badges off so that people might think you had a P100D, then maybe you might feel "fake" and compelled to put them back on. If you removed them to clean up the car...mission accomplished and leave them off. There is nothing fake about debadging a car...now, putting P100D badges on an S75...that's FAKE!
No way I am putting a P100D or even a 75D badge on my 75 Model S! I did take them off for a cleaner look, but as you mentioned, "something feels fake" because I don't want people to think that I took them off because its just a 75... I will probably just leave them off for now.. :)

Reactions: bnsfengineer
No way I am putting a P100D or even a 75D badge on my 75 Model S! I did take them off for a cleaner look, but as you mentioned, "something feels fake" because I don't want people to think that I took them off because its just a 75... I will probably just leave them off for now.. :)
Why do you care what people might or might not think? You did it because it looks better TO YOU - that should be all that matters, unless you're entering the car into some contest and then you should worry about how debadging affects your ability to win.

I've debadged all my cars for years, top model, bottom model or anything in between - has absolutely nothing at all do with that other people think. My (then flagship) P85D looked identical to my previous S60 (including deleting the red calipers included with P85D) because I like the look, not because I wanted people thinking it's a different model than it actually is (if that was my goal I would put the badge I wanted them to think the car is on the car). Nor do I care whether other people like the look. My wife's car is debadged because she wanted to, not because I did. At first she was going to keep the badges, but then while waiting for the car to be built she changed her mind after seeing a few Model S with badges on the road vs mine in the garage.

Reactions: Hugh Mannity
^ This might be my biggest auto pet peeve!!

There is a guy who lives near me who drives an S500 "AMG"... I am tempted to roll down my window and ask if he knows what that badge actually means and inform him that there is no such car.

but i digress...
Why be bothered what other people put on their cars? Be amused, laugh. Maybe it is an inside joke rather than someone trying to impress others. In the end who cares, let the guy in a Ford Pinto put a Ferrari logo on it if it makes him feel good.

In early 2000, I took the "Boxter S" off the back or our car and my wife had a fit.
She said "No one will know it's an S" I told her that anyone who actually knows the difference, can tell it's an S...plus, who cares?
You may want to check and see if you can find the missing "s" on the rear end of your BoxSter S ... :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: cmarshack