Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My question is why would you pay all this before you even received a vin? Sorry I think I missed the first part of the post, you paid everything originally on the initial vehicle you had to give up because you were out of town, correct?
I had a VIN 9/26 with a scheduled delivery of 9/28. I paid 9/27. All was in order until Tesla missed the delivery window and the first half of the next day with little to no communication other than what I sought out.

Reactions: Tombaugh
Haven't followed the thread for a few days All hopes have turned into frustration. Well, It was very frustrating for me when I dealt with my Tesla PV and PWs. But if you do really like Tesla products and you can wait. It's worth it.
Anyway lesson learn, this is time I made the right choice, picked up an inventory car with the same build right away when it showed up. I don’t know if I had done so, I wouldn’t have a car for how long.

I’m not in a hurry so I’ll keep waiting. But the Tesla employee I spoke with in the showroom assured me 3-4 weeks which is why I immediately ordered. I have not put anything down yet but would be furious if I had a VIN, put $ down, then lost the VIN. This vehicle had better take our breath away because this experience is bonkers. Absolutely no way you could be coming off a non-Tesla lease and try to get into a Tesla. Stay strong everyone.

Thanks. That’s ok, not in a rush for this. How do I do this? Contact the SA if I see estimated delivery date too early?
I wouldn't do anything right now. Might take longer than you expect to get a vehicle. If they contact you to schedule delivery and you aren't ready, tell them then. The estimates are absolutely estimates. Today is the last day of my estimated 5 to 6 weeks. Still waiting...

Ok, from what I'm reading here is... even if you got the vin and delivery appointment... don't pay anything yet.

Only pay after you have inspected the car and ready to drive home. Am I right?
I think that's the best plan if you can make it work. Have a cashier's check in hand on delivery day. I haven't been through it myself, but it seems like that's what most have done.

Can anyone help me identify these wheels?

Attachments

• C6B751D5-296D-4552-9F9A-73FE0AF5B28B.png
    C6B751D5-296D-4552-9F9A-73FE0AF5B28B.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 61
  • 30240F2E-E77A-4A8D-BE0A-8330E38297C1.png
    30240F2E-E77A-4A8D-BE0A-8330E38297C1.png
    880.1 KB · Views: 36
Can anyone help me identify these wheels?
Delivered about 2 weeks ago. Everything was perfect, minus a loose spoiler. 40% tint on the front windows, 5% strip on the windshield, and some new wheels/all seasons (some 20s) for the Rhode Island winter. Getting her XPEL matte/satin wrapped in about a week, as well as a custom 10" sub for the sub trunk space (I had it in my Model 3 as well. Doesnt lose range. Makes low end bass remarkable). A few other small additions like rebadging with T ES L A on the back in black, dual motor in black as well, Tesla "T" in black on the front, blue foot wells in the front and back, mud flaps have all been done.

I think Im done making her my own after the wrap! YAY!

View attachment 712898

View attachment 712897
These are similar. No idea what they are.

Emailed SA to add tow today. Think it’ll make the vehicle more useful and will probably regret it later if I don’t. Let you know if EDD changes after change is made.
Agreed, same thought process for me on including the Tow. Food for thought, the general thought seems to be that it's better to add the tow after you get the car vs. delaying the build and putting yourself in the back of the queue. It's only $200 more with a service appointment through Tesla.

Similarly, I also got my replacement wheels delivered today. Went with a setup from TireRack, 19” TSW Clypse and Vredestein Quattrac Pros. I have the Vredesteins on our ICE and they’ve been great through the summer and outstanding through the snow last winter.
No VIN though! :D
Just seeing this! Nice. What are you doing with TPMS? I’m leaning towards to move my stock ones over when I get the tires/wheels mounted and balanced.
And then selling the 21s with no TPMS