Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just seeing this! Nice. What are you doing with TPMS? I’m leaning towards to move my stock ones over when I get the tires/wheels mounted and balanced.
And then selling the 21s with no TPMS
I bought the TPMS from TireRack as part of the package since they install them. Less hassle and can just swap the wheels (if and when the car gets here of course :p). I will also look to sell the Uberturbines, but may wait till the spring to offload them as not many people will want 21" wheels with summer tires in or around Chicago between Nov - March.

I bought the TPMS from TireRack as part of the package since they install them. Less hassle and can just swap the wheels (if and when the car gets here of course :p). I will also look to sell the Uberturbines, but may wait till the spring to offload them as not many people will want 21" wheels with summer tires in or around Chicago between Nov - March.
Ahhhh, didn’t realize they sold the ones that work with model Y. And yeah. I may wait a bit to sell mine too, I’ll throw feelers out.

Ahhhh, didn’t realize they sold the ones that work with model Y. And yeah. I may wait a bit to sell mine too, I’ll throw feelers out.
They source the TPMS from Tesla directly; one of the reasons I like TireRack is their awesome customer service. They called the Tesla SC in Indianapolis while I was on the phone conferenced in to place the TPMS order hold, then called when the wheel/tires were ready before shipping to confirm the SKU# for the entire order. Had them shipped in 2 days, and installation/balancing will go through their mobile service in my garage once I get the car (ASAP Tire).

They source the TPMS from Tesla directly; one of the reasons I like TireRack is their awesome customer service. They called the Tesla SC in Indianapolis while I was on the phone conferenced in to place the TPMS order hold, then called when the wheel/tires were ready before shipping to confirm the SKU# for the entire order. Had them shipped in 2 days, and installation/balancing will go through their mobile service in my garage once I get the car (ASAP Tire).
Yeah that’s great. I wanted a certain set of wheels I don’t think they sell, so I got tires from Tire Rack, wheels from Teslarati, and moving my TPMS will be cheaper than $300ish for a full set.
Little more steps this way…, your way is much less of a headache lol.

Reactions: dfiz1
I'd like to think we are at the top of the list, but who knows how many more people this happened to? If the shutdown is real, I'd guess it's end of October. Maybe we will have more info on tax bill by that time. Silver lining?
You know those sad stories of folks who ordered in May and STILL don’t have their cars? Even Tesla isn’t sure why their cars are never ever built. Yeah, I fear I’m that guy.

Last update:

Absolutely livid. Received an EDD date of 11/30-12/20. Which is completely garbage considering I have already paid my down payment, loan, insurance etc, because I was supposed to receive on 9/28. I have sent an email to my SA so I can document everything, but this is unacceptable. Going to talk through my options, but if they can't provide a good resolution in the next couple weeks, I will need to cancel.

This has been a horrible experience overall.
Okay not my last update, but giving visibility to those still in queue as well.

A little more calm today as my portal has updated to EDD 10/11-10/31. Still BS in my opinion and still going to call today and see how real that seems on the SA side as getting pushed is still a very real possibility. I just want a car, I don't even care about color at this point.

Okay not my last update, but giving visibility to those still in queue as well.

A little more calm today as my portal has updated to EDD 10/11-10/31. Still BS in my opinion and still going to call today and see how real that seems on the SA side as getting pushed is still a very real possibility. I just want a car, I don't even care about color at this point.
I think that for those of us who received VINs and then had them rescinded - it's particularly galling to be thrown back into a generic 20-day window! I've seen this movie before, it sucks, and don't get me started about the crap ending!

Reactions: NotABurner
Guess I’m not adding tow. SA just responded to email and said

“I am seeing that same timeline for you as well. Adding the tow package may move your delivery timeline closer to December based on current timelines. If that is alright with you I will submit the configuration change now. No news on Model Year changing to 2022 yet but hope to have more information on that closer to your delivery date.”