Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Austin Model Y's will supposedly be built with the new 4680 battery cells and mega-casting. They will in theory have some efficiency and build quality benefits as a result. However, the 4680 cells are definitely not confirmed for initial production. I'm also personally a little leery about getting a production vehicle in the early runs at a new factory. Think I'd rather just have the Freemont onesthey've been building for 2 years now.
This makes sense as I have seen talk about these new items potentially being available. I am also weary to have a car coming from a new factory, at least until the bugs are all worked out. I should’ve taken the VIN that was assigned in November but it was split second decision and once it was made, I couldn’t take it back. :(

So, if the rumors are true, and Austin does start production with the new features, why wouldn’t Fremont follow suit? At least with the battery cells and chips. I can understand the mold castings not being immediately available since I’m sure a lot of new machinery will need to be added to Existing factories In Order for them to be able to produce those. However, it just seems bizarre that 2 cars could me made at the exact time but be so different :/ it’s almost unfair!

Had a hold that was supposed to automatically lift overnight. I tried to lift it earlier in the week, but my "I'm ready" button disappeared and all I had was a "TBD" for delivery estimate. Looked again this morning and it's still "TBD" - anyone run into this before? It's been like this for a couple weeks now.

1641055012267.png

This makes sense as I have seen talk about these new items potentially being available. I am also weary to have a car coming from a new factory, at least until the bugs are all worked out. I should’ve taken the VIN that was assigned in November but it was split second decision and once it was made, I couldn’t take it back. :(

So, if the rumors are true, and Austin does start production with the new features, why wouldn’t Fremont follow suit? At least with the battery cells and chips. I can understand the mold castings not being immediately available since I’m sure a lot of new machinery will need to be added to Existing factories In Order for them to be able to produce those. However, it just seems bizarre that 2 cars could me made at the exact time but be so different :/ it’s almost unfair!

Some Fremont cars have the chips already, but 4680 cells require new tooling for the the car so not possible at Fremont until a potential equipment update, as far as I understand it.

Reactions: buddhafree
Tesla app updated today and no longer says prepare for delivery. Went back to we are building your car.

EDD got pushed back a month as well.

OD 11/8
DFW area. MYP/MSM/black no tow no fsd
Dec 17th - Dec 31st
Jan 7th - Feb 4th
Dec 17th - Dec 31st
Jan 13th - Feb 10th
Dec 31st - Jan 28th

Jan 23rd - Feb 26th

Had a hold that was supposed to automatically lift overnight. I tried to lift it earlier in the week, but my "I'm ready" button disappeared and all I had was a "TBD" for delivery estimate. Looked again this morning and it's still "TBD" - anyone run into this before? It's been like this for a couple weeks now.

View attachment 750776
Yup. Haven’t had an EDD since it was automagically taken off hold the other day.

View attachment 750776
Your hold has been removed. This is what you see without a hold or right after ordering, before an EDD is added.

View attachment 750776
Mine is TBD as well after auto removal of the hold. Hold was until the 4th but got removed on the 31st automagically.

View attachment 750776
Same boat here. My SA said the system scheduled the hold to lift on 1/2 as the delivery center isn’t open on the 1st. Saw the hold on the app & website for about a day, then it shifted back to the previous EDD (12/27-31) for a few days, and then finally “TBD” for the last couple days. No indication of a hold or the option to hit “I’m ready.”

Edit: to be clear, my SA told me I *was* on hold despite the system showing me otherwise. I’ve seen other posts to the same end. Think it’s either a widespread bug or intentional to prevent people from coming off hold during the end of quarter rush and causing VIN allocation issues.

This happens at the start of every quarter. Day 1 EDDs push out. Then they dial back in over the next couple days. If you go back and look at posts from Oct 1 it’s a bunch of folks screaming about waking up to their EDDs being pushed out a month or so.

Steady as she goes….

Reactions: Prodock
Mine was pushed out by a month as well. I did talk to my SA a few days ago and I was told although my (previous) EDD was end of December, their internal system showed that mine would be built in mid-Jan. Hopefully that's still true.

View attachment 750776

My order has been "TBD" since 12/14

This happens at the start of every quarter. Day 1 EDDs push out. Then they dial back in over the next couple days. If you go back and look at posts from Oct 1 it’s a bunch of folks screaming about waking up to their EDDs being pushed out a month or so.

Steady as she goes….
The problem for me was that before today it was already pushed out too far. I should be in my car.

OD 11/13 MYP MSM/Black with tow from bay area

Initial EDD 1/15/22-1/31

kept changing end of dec and mid jan.

tesla assign a vin (343xxx) yesterday and called me to accept. I wasn’t ready yet, sold my LRY in nov and still waiting on my check from the dealer. Told tesla to put me back in line.

my EDD still showing 12/31-1/4.

since I owned a Y for 30k mi, Im going to be patient and wait for the new cell and tax credit. Got two cars in the family to share but i do missed my Y!

Last edited: