Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The SA’s don’t know, only location managers can really dive into things a bit it seem. Like my issue in a recent Portland delivery experience where they didn’t bring cars up due to weather, they just reassigned them elsewhere to make Q4 deadlines. He said there’s a build date of 1/12 set for my profile, but we’ll see if that proves accurate. Hadn’t been able to get an exact build date. SA’s really are handcuffed with info and nor do they really care. They are more focused on getting test drives setup and not paid a commission on sales.
I'm assuming that's what happened to mine as well. The PacNW has been a mess since Christmas, if I were Tesla, I'd certainly re-route cars bound for points North. Even if truck transport to the area went smoothly, that "last mile" service getting people to SC's or home delivery cars arriving safely, with a return Uber for the driver, all being highly questionable.

Reactions: Nyc10jets and mrmtb
From Savannah, GA actually - it's only about an hour and a half away as opposed to 3+ hours for Charlotte/Raleigh.
Ahh I didn't realize Savannah had a service center. Hoping the dealer laws change someday in SC so they can finally build them there. I'm originally from the Upstate, and may move back there in the near future, so having one in Greenville would be much appreciated. I'm glad they've added more superchargers in the Charleston area recently, though. I drove a friend's MY down there in fall 2020 and was pushing it to make it to the Santee supercharger on the way out of town. Seems they've added 2-3 more at the 95/26 interchange.

Ahh I didn't realize Savannah had a service center. Hoping the dealer laws change someday in SC so they can finally build them there. I'm originally from the Upstate, and may move back there in the near future, so having one in Greenville would be much appreciated. I'm glad they've added more superchargers in the Charleston area recently, though. I drove a friend's MY down there in fall 2020 and was pushing it to make it to the Santee supercharger on the way out of town. Seems they've added 2-3 more at the 95/26 interchange.
Yup the Savannah location is pretty new, like 2-3 years old now. My friend who got his Model 3 a few years back had to go to Charlotte but I guess pretty shortly after that, the Savannah one opened up.

I Turo'ed a Model Y a couple months ago and found that the Superchargers are plentiful in the area. It convinced me to place my order a couple days later... and now I have boxes and boxes of accessories and my charging solution all already set up, but no car yet :'(

When I ordered they were saying 2 months max if we go with MYP. Looks like that is not the case anymore. I bet everyone when they heard the news just upgraded to the MYP.
You may be on to something re: a lot of people opted for the MYP.

It's not just the increased velocity or promise of getting faster though. Tesla raised the price of the MYLR such that when you add inductions and boost, you're within 3k ish of the MYP so the value prop of the MYLR got lower, or the MYP higher, however you want to think about it.

You may be on to something re: a lot of people opted for the MYP.

It's not just the increased velocity, but they raised the price of the MYLR such that when you add inductions and boost, you're within 3k ish of the MYP so the value prop of the MYLR got lower, or the MYP higher, however you want to think about it.

That's the exact reason I got the performance and am obviously not alone.

MYP white/white

OD: 11/10/21 (Put the order on hold right after OD - till 12/31, in which the hold was recently released)
Current EDD: 3/7 - 3/31

Anyone with similar ODs that have EDD later than mine? >"< Hopefully the EDD is just as inaccurate as everybody is saying and gets moved up soon!
Just overnight, my EDD moved ahead to 1/30 - 2/27.

Reactions: Tooleman694