Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered a Model Y Performance on 11/14/2021.
Grey/White + tow

Original window estimate started Dec28, moved to Jan26, then Jan6, currently Feb10-Mar10.
This is very interesting. I have the exact same spec, ordered about 3 weeks after you (12/4) and my current EDD is 2/7-3/7. It's been as soon as 1/10-2/7, but back to 2/7-3/7 at this time. Makes me nearly certain these won't be Austin Y's, since you're in Houston with an order date before me (in NC) and an EDD after. I would imagine that if it was from Austin, you would certainly be higher on the list than me.

Got my VIN on Monday, went onto my account and they tried to sneak some $25 processing fee onto my order and needed to pay. Direct email to SA and manager that’s not going to fly. Car is paid up and despot completed for a previous 12/30 pickup they cancelled on me.

I did ask my SA if the car would have Mudflaps, AS4 tires, AMD Chip and she said YES. Delivery is Sunday morning to the house and I’ll update what comes of it.

Reactions: Cyberspeed and bsdx
Got my VIN on Monday, went onto my account and they tried to sneak some $25 processing fee onto my order and needed to pay. Direct email to SA and manager that’s not going to fly. Car is paid up and despot completed for a previous 12/30 pickup they cancelled on me.

I did ask my SA if the car would have Mudflaps, AS4 tires, AMD Chip and she said YES. Delivery is Sunday morning to the house and I’ll update what comes of it.
Congrats! Hope everything works out with the delivery. Can you share the last few digits of the VIN, curious to see how it aligns with the latest VINs and if AMD is included. Thanks!

This is very interesting. I have the exact same spec, ordered about 3 weeks after you (12/4) and my current EDD is 2/7-3/7. It's been as soon as 1/10-2/7, but back to 2/7-3/7 at this time. Makes me nearly certain these won't be Austin Y's, since you're in Houston with an order date before me (in NC) and an EDD after. I would imagine that if it was from Austin, you would certainly be higher on the list than me.
I'm actually kind of curious how Tesla handles the Austin cars for Texas sales. Because of the way the laws are written in TX, cars can't be sold direct to consumers, it has to be sold to a dealer who can then sell to the public. So the Tesla has to either go to a dealership for me to buy (which isn't Tesla's way) or they legitimately have to ship it out of state, complete my purchase while it sits on a truck just outside the border, and then bring it back in and deliver it to me. I doubt Tesla will do that dance. I bet what ends up happening is cars made in TX will just ship out of state, and orders in TX will be fulfilled by another factory.

Point being, I wouldn't let my situation be a clue to you on if your car will be from Austin.

I am sure with Tesla now in Texas, they are working on a deal to change that stupid law.
They did try last year, and they did not succeed (yet). The group of lawmakers Tesla needs to sway in this case meets for 140 days every other year, so the next shot Tesla has will be around June 2023. I know this all sounds really stupid, and that's only because it is, in fact, extremely stupid.

• Funny
Reactions: Prodock and mrmtb
Our local SA here in CA has advised that our EDD is pushed out a week into first week of January '22. My app now shows 12/16-12/30, but which has never agreed with SA's dates.

Haven't updated my status in awhile. So couldn't take delivery as it ended up arriving Christmas holiday week...of course. 🤷‍♂️

New EDD's per my SA :
1/12 - 1/16 on Jan 4th
1/19 - 1/22 as of today Jan 12th (while app still shows 1/12 - 2/7)

in NJ vin- 353xxx, on 1/12. Black/Black, no other options. Pickup in Springfield probably 1/20. Confirmed a/s Michelin, looks like no new processor or LI battery
Original EDD 10/15, put on hold 11/... till 1/1, since first assigned vin 325xxx had the delivery date when out of the country; clicked I'm ready on 12/26 or so...

Last edited: