Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Way it is working for switching and delivery priority, it looks like if someone wants to delay delivery for a MYP (for whatever reason - giga austin, refresh etc), all they need to do is switch their order to MYLR, wait and then switch it back to MYP when they are ready. No reason to put order on hold or losing your spot or deposit. Disclaimer - I ordered MYP on 3/2

Reactions: michaelb11
Way it is working for switching and delivery priority, it looks like if someone wants to delay delivery for a MYP (for whatever reason - giga austin, refresh etc), all they need to do is switch their order to MYLR, wait and then switch it back to MYP when they are ready. No reason to put order on hold or losing your spot or deposit. Disclaimer - I ordered MYP on 3/2
Or they can put it on hold. There’s a TMC poster. That had their Model Y on hold since 2020. Crazy. I had asked them to clarify. They repeated the order year. 2020

I think a large factor in the delivery volatility is the collision of Just In Time manufacturing with supply chain volatility. Imagine the list of parts that are unique to MYLR vs MYP. Now imagine each vendor for those parts giving Tesla an EDD with the same reliability that we get from Tesla. The plan for what colors and configurations they can build probably changes weekly, if not daily. Now, imagine a car transport truck or rail car that’s half full with the cars they were able to build to the configurations for the customers with early ODs. Do you think Tesla will hold the train until the car with the exact config for the next OD rolls off the line? Or will they find a waiting customer at the same destination that matches the cars coming off the line? Tesla needs to get as much product delivered as fast as possible to keep profits up, and a natural outcome is the cluster #]€¥ of unreliable EDD dates and apparent randomness of selection of “worthy” recipients. Tesla lets this continue, because we have shown we’re willing to take it (rather that pay $10-20k dealer markup for one of the alternative EVs). Yes, P upgrade or FSD is almost all profit for Tesla, but there has to be much more to it, otherwise, I WOULD HAVE ALREADY TAKEN DELIVERY!
I am curious what goes on behind the scenes - parts, logistics, and everything else. We have the same configuration. I ordered two weeks before you, converted to MYP six weeks before you, and have an EDD four weeks after you.

I am curious what goes on behind the scenes - parts, logistics, and everything else. We have the same configuration. I ordered two weeks before you, converted to MYP six weeks before you, and have an EDD four weeks after you.
I’m guessing that mine will take the 3 hour truck ride from Fremont to Rocklin, and yours will go by train, then transfer to truck. I know there’s a truck driver shortage in CA, probably similar in CO. That might explain some of the delay in your EDd. I’m hoping that if I miss my latest EDD that I’ll be in the fabled “California EOQ Push.” Let’s check back and see the number spread when we get our VINs. OK?

Hey fellow SC myp future owner! Crossing my fingers for you! Did you decide where you want to take delivery? I was gonna do Raleigh but they did not have very reassuring reviews when it came to picking up, so I changed to Charlotte... much better reviews
What’s up!! We are picking up in Charlotte but we’ve picked one up in Raleigh before too without any issues/complaints.

What’s your order configuration, order date, and EDD??

What’s up!! We are picking up in Charlotte but we’ve picked one up in Raleigh before too without any issues/complaints.

What’s your order configuration, order date, and EDD??
Glad to here about Raleigh. I think maybe they are just understaffed. Which location was more efficient? (Quick, but thorough). Ya soooo,
OD 4/28 MYP, White ext/Black int, no Tow, no FSD.
EDD 7/23-9/3. Interesting I think I am in the early Q3 bunch. Just saw a YouTube video I thought everyone wanted to see,(in the situation we are in)

I am conflicted. My SA on the phone said to not fill out Tesla Loan app or trade in app till I had a Vin or call because it is only good for 30 days. Now someone is saying If you don't have that info submitted, you'll be delayed. Please help!
Click Cash and No Trade, then when you get a VIN let your SA know and they can change your account.

I think putting order on hold will probably push you at the very back of the line behind everyone else. I won't be surprised if some of these orders don't get fulfilled as well.
So they person that did the hold. From 2020. Got his vin. A few months after he took it off hold. Last week.

Reactions: ranjanG
I am conflicted. My SA on the phone said to not fill out Tesla Loan app or trade in app till I had a Vin or call because it is only good for 30 days. Now someone is saying If you don't have that info submitted, you'll be delayed. Please help!
Just put it as cash for now and when you get a VIN, change it to financing. I had applied for a loan when I ordered 3/3 because it originally said April delivery and now I’m 5/11-6/8 and ran out of my loan terms on 5/3 so until I have a VIN, I won’t reapply

Just put it as cash for now and when you get a VIN, change it to financing. I had applied for a loan when I ordered 3/3 because it originally said April delivery and now I’m 5/11-6/8 and ran out of my loan terms on 5/3 so until I have a VIN, I won’t reapply
Ya i was terrified if I applied now it'd screw up my good credit. I really appreciate everyone's advice. I switched it to cash and no trade in

Reactions: Winning Guy

You're reading my mind. Great minds think alike.