Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Going on day 80 with zero changes to my EDD. Giving it until Monday and then I'm on to the next thing. This is just too crazy with others ordering a month later and getting VINs (and I know I'm not the only one in that boat).

After a soft vin match, which is no longer my EDD shifted from 5/12-5/25 to 5/23-6/6. The center previously told me to expect the car at the delivery center on 5/20 which they believed meant I could pick it up on 5/21. With the update I called and the soft match is gone, so I'm assuming I got bumped. This is the second soft match I've lost, previous one was in April.

After a soft vin match, which is no longer my EDD shifted from 5/12-5/25 to 5/23-6/6. The center previously told me to expect the car at the delivery center on 5/20 which they believed meant I could pick it up on 5/21. With the update I called and the soft match is gone, so I'm assuming I got bumped. This is the second soft match I've lost, previous one was in April.
What's a soft VIN match?

Reactions: Jones1
What's a soft VIN match?
They basically have "assigned" a vehicle pre-production queue and have it designated to a person, then once parts start assembling/comes through factory VIN gets assigned. At least that is how my service center rep explained it to me. They're very nice about it. I just called and asked them to use the soft-match tool and it shows them where you are in the current line-up and even when they expected vehicle delivery at the SC.

Take this with a grain of salt, but my SA is one of the longest tenured in the country and he said all of this business about seeing production dates, soft VIN matches, etc. is BS. They have nothing on their side until a VIN is matched.
Based on experience I would tend to agree with you, but they did physically show me the computer screen so I know that they can see some stuff beyond us...the likelihood that it is any more accurate than what we have...now that is a great question!

Reactions: BMWY and ebartolome