Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh mabybe. But it was in store and he literally showed me the screen where it showed the soft match category and date…

Whether soft match actually means anything I don’t know but I can certainly say it is a thing.
That is over a month away. I hope you get your car in that date range or sooner but the way EDDs have been going I wouldn't get too attached to that date.

There seem to be two variables that are the biggest drivers of when you will get your vehicle - 1st is the number of MY-to-MYP switchers (they get their cars first in most instances) and 2nd is whether or not Tesla has a car carrier that can get your vehicle to your location.

You appear to be in CA and that is a huge advantage because the logistics aren't as difficult. So, you could end up with a vehicle sooner due to Tesla not having enough car carriers to transport earlier orders to someone further away.

That is over a month away. I hope you get your car in that date range or sooner but the way EDDs have been going I wouldn't get too attached to that date.

There seem to be two variables that are the biggest drivers of when you will get your vehicle - 1st is the number of MY-to-MYP switchers (they get their cars first in most instances) and 2nd is whether or not Tesla has a car carrier that can get your vehicle to your location.

You appear to be in CA and that is a huge advantage because the logistics aren't as difficult. So, you could end up with a vehicle sooner due to Tesla not having enough car carriers to transport earlier orders to someone further away.
For sure. I already got bumped from my original 5/13-6/24 because all the switchers. I am not holding my breath per se. But I do live 30 miles from Fremont.

That all said, whether soft match is bullshit, and it very well may be, it for sure is a “thing” and visibile in the SA’s internal system.

For sure. I already got bumped from my original 5/13-6/24 because all the switchers. I am not holding my breath per se. But I do live 30 miles from Fremont.

That all said, whether soft match is bullshit, and it very well may be, it for sure is a “thing” and visibile in the SA’s internal system.
Like many others I've always assumed that the soft match line was *sugar*. If it is indeed true, I would find it interesting Tesla would make that info available to SAs. A follow-on question would be when a soft match is first visible in the system, that'd be telling regarding how far in advance Tesla is planning production and delivery logistics.