Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lol. Prii…that’s funny. Not quite sure what you’re implying here. That just because we’ve made the choice to buy a vehicle that’s more economical versus some type of tuner, that we don’t enjoy things that go fast? I’ve ridden motorcycles for 22 years and still have a tuned BMW1000RR that will go insanely fast. And I’ve owned a few “tuners” in my time (Integra, GTI, GS450, A6). I still like to go fast. I’m not buying my MYP for the speed, at least not specifically. I’m buying mine for the style. The look. And knowing that if I need to open it up, I still can. I’m also have 3 daughters, so the Prius has multiple uses for me. It’s my “Dad” car. When I bought my first, I was looking for a more economical solution to the lifted Tundra that I owned at the time, and I also didn’t need any more speeding tickets. Then it just grew on me.
My post wasn't intended as negative, Prii are just about as anti-fast as cars get, I'm mainly interested in why we seem to have such a collection of Prius owners in a thread specific to the speedy version.

I've owned a few 11 second cars, an Avalanche, various SUVs, lots of Cadillac sedans. In general I go for sporty but with two kids I need the space of a Y. Last year I talked myself into saving (then) $10k and convinced myself that the LR was fast enough. Here we are a year (and a ridiculous Carmax offer) later and I get to join you clowns buying the faster version.

Alright folks....
Get ready for the rain of 2nd half of the quarter VINs. It should start around 15 Nov.

20 Day to go!

...gonna be like a flood...

(Except @RyStar He's getting his later this week..... feeling it.... and maybe @Bisivni ; same situation.) #teamRedWhite
Arrives Saturday and they said I can possibly grab it the same day depending on how early it arrives. Otherwise it's Monday. Tint shop tuesday, then out of town for a night, the. AS 4's on Friday. Stoked

Just released my hold from 6 months ago. We’ll see how long before I get a car. I’m pretty sure it’ll be in December. Tesla delivers about 80% of their US cars at the EOQ. Very unlikely for you to get a car between now and end of November so don’t get your hopes up.

Honest question for the Prii folks in the MYP thread....how on earth does one make the jump from a Prius to something with the power of 1,000 Prii? I figured a Leaf or Bolt is a more logical step (does anyone buy a Prius for anything but a logical decision?) Or at a bare minimum a MYLR. Is it mainly the delivery time difference?
Prius' will ALWAYS hold a special place in my heart. You can't get anywhere in a hurry EVER ... but once ur up to speed, cornering in a Prius is just some damned good fun. The plastic panels sound like they'll fly off at the apex, but the battery pack keeps it all in place. Sounds silly, but I LOVE it.

Honestly, 1) I'd have rather Toyota get off their arse, and build a proper all-electric Prius or Rav4. ... But they're still BIG on Hydrogen ... 2) Who knows when the BZ4X will finally see production, and even when it does, ... 3) Toyota will STILL be years behind in development compared to Tesla. ... 4) Waitlist for Prius Prime is, last checked, 6 months with a minimum $8K markup over sticker.

Thus, Tesla. ... MYP because the MYLR would have put me into next year at the least.

Prius' will ALWAYS hold a special place in my heart. You can't get anywhere in a hurry EVER ... but once ur up to speed, cornering in a Prius is just some damned good fun. The plastic panels sound like they'll fly off at the apex, but the battery pack keeps it all in place. Sounds silly, but I LOVE it.

Honestly, 1) I'd have rather Toyota get off their arse, and build a proper all-electric Prius or Rav4. ... But they're still BIG on Hydrogen ... 2) Who knows when the BZ4X will finally see production, and even when it does, ... 3) Toyota will STILL be years behind in development compared to Tesla. ... 4) Waitlist for Prius Prime is, last checked, 6 months with a minimum $8K markup over sticker.

Thus, Tesla. ... MYP because the MYLR would have put me into next year at the least.
Had a Prius and went to a performance model S... not for the speed but for the bigger size (7 seater S) cause I had 3 kids... it was a welcome side effect that it was twice as efficient

Prius is was not the slowest car it had some torque with the dual motors

Just going for Y (still 7 seater) cause I live in mountains now and where it snows so I plan on lifting it

Reactions: Tombaugh
Whelp, first day of EDD window down and no change.

Sigh.. let's see what happens tomorrow. And damn I didn't get my Pixel 6 Pro either and it erased it's delivery window.

I must have pissed off a billionaire... I feel like they're just ****ing with me 😁
First day of my EDD tomorrow as well (this will be the 5th time). Luckily I've so far, gotten a tighter and tighter window each time on about the second day of the window so not a real complaint as long as the end date of the window holds about the same. Would be nice to have before November but it feels like an algorithm assigning the dates & I don't have a VIN (Yet).

Which billionaire do you think you pissed off? Larry, Sergey, Sundar, or Elon?

Someone stop me. Lol. I pre-ordered acoustics but they don’t have a clear EDD 🤦‍♂️. So may get these if I get a VIN in next few weeks.

Attachments

• EE56E333-C21F-4000-A474-F457C5075837.png
    EE56E333-C21F-4000-A474-F457C5075837.png
    351.4 KB · Views: 60
  • Funny
Reactions: RyStar
Someone stop me. Lol. I pre-ordered acoustics but they don’t have a clear EDD 🤦‍♂️. So may get these if I get a VIN in next few weeks.
Lol I'm in the same boat. I've already put a $2500 deposit down for my PPF and Tint. Probably spent easily $2000 on accessories.

I was looking at the Tesla Roof Rack and looking at some Cargo boxes... Then I was like wtf am I doing....

Arrives Saturday and they said I can possibly grab it the same day depending on how early it arrives. Otherwise it's Monday. Tint shop tuesday, then out of town for a night, the. AS 4's on Friday. Stoked
Our cars should be in the same transport, no? Was told yesterday that car wasn’t on the train yet, and still holding on the current estimated delivery range (10/30 - 11/5). Oh well, can’t complain, but great to hear you’re almost at the finish line.

Reactions: RyStar
Anywhere here secure financing yet?

My SA said don’t do it until I get a VIN, but I can get a 60 day rate lock and I’d better have my car by the end of Dec….

It will just feel like progress.