Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I called my local store. When prompted for "sales" an automated message asks you to state your reason for calling. Do not say anything. Just hit #. After a few rings I got an SA. I was very very VERY polite and friendly and asked to speak with the sales manager. After a few rings I got one of the phone. They actually had this amazing speaking voice so I complimented them and told them they should consider doing voiceover work. Big laugh. So I told them my situation and that I needed something more concrete than what the system is showing. He said right now my car is scheduled to built within the next two weeks.
They're working their way back to August order dates! My SA said it should be built mid-November and to expect delivery 3rd week (Thanksgiving week). If you're picking up in Burbank, I might see you there 😆

Reactions: Starway2001
I went through the same prompts, and got to a 'manager' as well. I even made a joke about an urban legend of them having a magic decoder ring to tell us when the car was scheduled to be manufactured - they laughed and said he wished that was the case.
Look, I needed a fix... a shot in the arm... something, ANYTHING to give me some semblance of hope.

The only thing that could deflate me from the excitement of an incoming VIN is the passage of this tax bill followed by delivery being pushed to December. That would suck. Already ordered tires and charger’s green light is on. Can’t back down now… but could delay. I’m sure that won’t happen. Right?

Reactions: plibby1985
The only thing that could deflate me from the excitement of an incoming VIN is the passage of this tax bill followed by delivery being pushed to December. That would suck. Already ordered tires and charger’s green light is on. Can’t back down now… but could delay. I’m sure that won’t happen. Right?
At least December would be a 2022 model. Last week of November means no credit and 2021 model.

Is that confirmed?
No, the NHTSA database still has not received Tesla's annual VIN update/decoder. I check daily. By prior multiple years it's at least 1-2 months before transition and much closer to 2 months. Usually when they changed over as of Jan 1st, they sent the letter the last day of October toward the 2nd week of November. My guess is Jan 1st will be the 2022 transition.

Reactions: Jbapckfan
Earlier today I made the executive decision to put my MYP order placed 9/22 on HOLD until January 2022. My EDD as of now was Nov-Dec. Several reasons with one being I really want a "2022" stamp. A secondary push was that my TSportline wheels are still backordered from ordering in September and also the Vredenstein tires I have on order are backordered until the end of December 2021. I can't roll around on summer tires here in December. Plus, if the EV tax credits pass, that's $7500 extra I can extract by exempting Fed tax from paychecks for a quick bit. Not counting on that, but a possible bonus.

I'll still be checking out the boards to see how things are moving along. Best of luck to everyone getting there Y's! :)
Did you have to contact a sales advisor or complete the hold online? Also, were you able to select the new month for delivery or does Tesla arbitrarily select the new date for you? Holding off on placing order as I would also like a 2022 vehicle date stamp anticipating newer updates and EV tax credits at the risk of further price increases on MYP.

It’d be amazing to take delivery of an MYP in 2021, then order another in early 2022 and take delivery with a cool/new improvement with an EV tax credit and then sell the 2021 for more than you bought it for.

My understanding of the tax credit is that you have to owe taxes to get it and essentially get the credit when you file. So you still need to pay full price for the vehicle. So, it is possible the tax credit has little impact on the value of a used Tesla.

I want a VIN 😅

Reactions: ZetaWagon
Did you have to contact a sales advisor or complete the hold online? Also, were you able to select the new month for delivery or does Tesla arbitrarily select the new date for you? Holding off on placing order as I would also like a 2022 vehicle date stamp anticipating newer updates and EV tax credits at the risk of further price increases on MYP.
Yes, my SA is hard to reach sometimes, so I just called my local Tesla Store which directs to the general call center I believe to talk to someone. They require some sort of un-hold date, which I asked for January 31, 2022. You can always un-hold at any time through your account by clicking a button though, so I'd suggest to go out a little further and then have control of when to release. It took all but 5 minutes, as they had to put me on hold to request it and then I logged out and back into my account - then Bam, it's done. Only sad part, is you may or may not be at the back of the line when you come off hold, BUT you do keep the price of your OG order as long as no changes to the vehicle. It's likely Tesla will change prices again, of course not certain.

It’d be amazing to take delivery of an MYP in 2021, then order another in early 2022 and take delivery with a cool/new improvement with an EV tax credit and then sell the 2021 for more than you bought it for.

My understanding of the tax credit is that you have to owe taxes to get it and essentially get the credit when you file. So you still need to pay full price for the vehicle. So, it is possible the tax credit has little impact on the value of a used Tesla.

I want a VIN 😅
If people are waiting an extra couple weeks or month strictly for the EV rebate (pending if makes the final cut), then hopefully they are strategic enough to make a couple simple tax changes to take advantage of the $7500 back. Plus they would have all year to do so before filing in 2023. Couple thoughts on the supply/demand of Tesla coming into 2022 in my opinion: Austin Factory will be ramping up into Q1 2022 making wait times likely drastically reduce as the year goes on. Less wait times = people may not be urged to buy overpriced used cars, driving those prices down. In addition, if the EV credit does pass, and even if Tesla slightly increases costs, people likely still won't have to wait as long with factories running and they will get money back - driving used car prices down. Personally why I wouldn't want to play the shuffle game of buying a 2021 and then a 2022 trying to make money back or break even. I can wait a month or two and save the maybe.

Yes, my SA is hard to reach sometimes, so I just called my local Tesla Store which directs to the general call center I believe to talk to someone. They require some sort of un-hold date, which I asked for January 31, 2022. You can always un-hold at any time through your account by clicking a button though, so I'd suggest to go out a little further and then have control of when to release. It took all but 5 minutes, as they had to put me on hold to request it and then I logged out and back into my account - then Bam, it's done. Only sad part, is you may or may not be at the back of the line when you come off hold, BUT you do keep the price of your OG order as long as no changes to the vehicle. It's likely Tesla will change prices again, of course not certain.

If people are waiting an extra couple weeks or month strictly for the EV rebate (pending if makes the final cut), then hopefully they are strategic enough to make a couple simple tax changes to take advantage of the $7500 back. Plus they would have all year to do so before filing in 2023. Couple thoughts on the supply/demand of Tesla coming into 2022 in my opinion: Austin Factory will be ramping up into Q1 2022 making wait times likely drastically reduce as the year goes on. Less wait times = people may not be urged to buy overpriced used cars, driving those prices down. In addition, if the EV credit does pass, and even if Tesla slightly increases costs, people likely still won't have to wait as long with factories running and they will get money back - driving used car prices down. Personally why I wouldn't want to play the shuffle game of buying a 2021 and then a 2022 trying to make money back or break even. I can wait a month or two and save the maybe.
This is good to know. I’ve been stalling on completing the info they need and an stuck on step one “delivery location” lol. So it’s best just to fill out the info they request then ask for a hold. THen for financing just say will pay cash then arrange financing later.

Let’s not forget there’s going to be 100k model 3s ordered by Hertz before the end of 2022. I don’t see a new factory reducing wait times by too much, it’s possible most of the production volume increase is already spoken for.

Let’s not forget there’s going to be 100k model 3s ordered by Hertz before the end of 2022. I don’t see a new factory reducing wait times by too much, it’s possible most of the production volume increase is already spoken for.
Realistically, with a new factory operating (Austin), and that does not include Berlin coming into operations to pump out vehicles too, this probably won't have as much of an effect as people think in my opinion. ~230K Model 3/Y's were produced in just the last quarter not including Austin or Berlin. This is under supply chain constraints already. Adding less than a quarters worth of vehicles (Hertz 100K Model 3 order) over 1+ year estimated order - but could be longer really on Elon time. With two more factories online and operating, should not be much trouble. I'd also assume Tesla has been working on this deal for a little and this is why the EDD has pushed out for Model 3/Y's LR recently. That means used car pricing is already adjusted for that order without any benefits of: Austin/Berlin ramp up in a couple months (lower wait times) and if/when EV passes which both would be price driving down factors on used.

I placed my order for a Model Y Performance (Silver Metallic) w/ black interior & no FSD today. I asked the sales advisor and they told me that I can delay delivery till May 2022 which is my target date.

Within my accounts page inside my reservation, should I already fill in my delivery location & such or should I wait since I'm aiming to delay delivery till May?

Sure. Tbh I don’t really care about future delivery dates so I don’t know Why I responded lol. Once I get my car, delivery times can be 2 hours or 2 years, I won’t care.
Yeah, I get ya. I’ll hope it’s shorter for all the rest of those waiting… and for the stock to keep going up. My stock options purchased last week for a couple thousand that I sold today after going up 1500%+ alone just paid for more than 60% of the car. Funny; Tesla is paying for my Tesla!