Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So now that I have VIN and shorter EDD

when do I schedule delivery?
They said they would contact me for delivery but I waited 2 business days and nothing.
So I tested the number that sent me order confirmation. Got back from another # for delivery in couple hours.
THought not sure if me texting actually helped.

Also, in my case, only after I uploaded insurance then the system asked for payment. I'm in FL, your state may be different.

They said they would contact me for delivery but I waited 2 business days and nothing.
So I tested the number that sent me order confirmation. Got back from another # for delivery in couple hours.
THought not sure if me texting actually helped.

Also, in my case, only after I uploaded insurance then the system asked for payment. I'm in FL, your state may be different.
Appreciate that. I already have insurance uploaded, I don’t need it for the new car before taking Delivery. MD has a 30 day buffer period.

I’m adding trade in back with my SA, hopefully she can give me some more info soon.

Whoever takes delivery of a 2022 first, please let us know of any changes you can spot!

Wondering if it’ll have the updated door panels like the 3.

Mike
It’s been confirmed on some other threads and with Tesla contacts that there are 0 changes. They literally stamped a car on 10/31 11:59pm with 2021 vin and the next car at 11/1 12:01am got a 2022 vin.

Definitely seems like they’re fulfilling all the east coast orders first. Maybe us west coast folk will get the love next week and the week after. At least that’s what I keep hearing.
Yes they want to ensure delivery and manage logistic risks. East coast first because it takes at least a week to get the car in the owners hands. In the west coast only takes a day to get a car from Freemont to southern CA. So west coasters won’t get cars until the end of November. So sit tight folks it will give you more time to decide whether to delay delivery until 1/1 😂

Reactions: Phreddieruxpin
It’s been confirmed on some other threads and with Tesla contacts that there are 0 changes. They literally stamped a car on 10/31 11:59pm with 2021 vin and the next car at 11/1 12:01am got a 2022 vin.
I learned yesterday that my 1st VIN had a born on date of 11/1 but was a 2021 VIN. Maybe it had started production before 11/1 and came off the line on 11/1? The rep on the phone was trying to tell me it was a 2022 because of the date he saw in their system but once he looked at the VIN he agreed that it was a 2021.

Reactions: Montucky
Guys I’m on the cusp, gonna hold my breath. I can smell the vegan leather. My buddy in KC is picking up his MSM/Black (unsure of tow status) as we speak. He ordered 8/29.

Attachments

• 4E419CA9-3FAA-4421-B74D-4B70F359DA43.png
    4E419CA9-3FAA-4421-B74D-4B70F359DA43.png
    386.2 KB · Views: 64
Actually, there are range changes for the 3/Y in 2022 models.

Reactions: Tabor
Time to reveal what I do IRL. I am a video content editor having worked with Top Gear, Motortrend and most recently ICONS.

My newest video premiered today … “Tesla MS Plaid vs BMW M5 vs Blackwing”. The Plaid’s performance demonstrated here is jaw dropping.

Wait ‘til you see what I’m working on next. ;) To quote @Clark_Kent I am “not without agency.” You’re damn right.

I'm guessing Cali MYP orders are lowest priority at this point in time. Everyone I've talked to... SA, people at Tesla store in 2 different malls...say the same thing...you'll for sure get your order by "end of year". They basically know that the majority of MYP orders in Cali/West Coast regardless of order date are going to be delivered during EOQ push versus sooner.
This is sad but is pretty accurate. It happened to me on my May 28 MYLR order... got it 2nd half of Sept for that EOQ push (I'm 15 miles away from Fremont factory). Now I await my end of September MYP order. My EDD range for that is 11/15 - 12/13 and suspect I will get it 2nd half of December. I hope to disprove this Cali theory this time around!

Nb: I see a LOT of Teslas in my area with temporary licenses with DEC as the expiration. Given California issues 90-day temporary plates for new cars, that's further evidence of EOQ pushed in California.

Reactions: ricko24
Time to reveal what I do IRL. I am a video content editor having worked with Top Gear, Motortrend and most recently ICONS.

My newest video premiered today … “Tesla MS Plaid vs BMW M5 vs Blackwing”. The Plaid’s performance demonstrated here is jaw dropping.

Wait ‘til you see what I’m working on next. ;) To quote @Clark_Kent I am “not without agency.” You’re damn right.
That is an enjoyable watch. Thanks for posting it.