Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just took delivery of White/White 2021 MYP. Got lucky with a 2021 VIN match within a week of my OD. Pretty sure it might have been someone not wanting a 2021 and waiting it out for a 2022. Instead of waiting for a 2022, I had my MY lease bought out for 14k positive equity and didnt want that to slide away if any news on the tax credits came out in the coming weeks. Is what it is, but the 2021 is beautiful :)

Just took delivery of White/White 2021 MYP. Got lucky with a 2021 VIN match within a week of my OD. Pretty sure it might have been someone not wanting a 2021 and waiting it out for a 2022. Instead of waiting for a 2022, I had my MY lease bought out for 14k positive equity and didnt want that to slide away if any news on the tax credits came out in the coming weeks. Is what it is, but the 2021 is beautiful :)
Pics or it didn’t happen. 😎

Reactions: Phreddieruxpin
Looks like you pushed yourself back in line by trying to be smarty pants and rejecting 21 vin and putting hold
I was fully aware of the potential outcome and am still happy with my decision.
Just curious (for you or anyone else who pushed out a 2021 model in order to get a 2022 model year) - is the concern resell value in the future? Because, as I understand it, the MY itself is unchanged from 2021 to 2022. I willingly accepted (well, delivery is scheduled for next week) a 2021 model because I'm leasing and don't have to worry about resell value.
Resale. I don't hold vehicles long and it will have an impact on value 1-3yrs down the road. I have a vehicle to drive for now so waiting a little bit isn't the end of the world, it also nets more time to understand any potential tax changes. I'd honestly be thrilled to end up with a 2022 delivered at any point from now until the end of my current EDD.
Yeah - It was a resale value play for me. While there are no differences between the '21 and '22 MY, the automotive industry has established value via KBB or NADA delineated largely by model year... so to delay a few months means that I'd be getting ahead of that depreciation curve and would have a "new" 2022 model versus an "old" 2021 model. That being said I was really torn since I've already sold my old vehicle. Thankfully we have a van that we use for camping, so that can fill in as a second vehicle until the MY arrives.
Same here. If I recall correctly, we are configuration twins too.

Just as an fyi, now that I have a VIN I’m more seriously looking at insurance estimates. None of the big sites have the 2022 Model Y as an option yet and when I search by VIN it isn’t being accepted. So perhaps the VIN would be accepted after delivery but may need to talk to an agent.

Was gonna post the above but did not press button. Just got off with State Farm call. Wow, for a $0 deductible (I usually would do $1-2k but want $0 for all that glass) it would only be $121/mo for the MYP and our 2021 VW Atlas. That seems like a great deal. It was about $10
/mo less for a $1k deductible. Anyway, State Farm was able to add a 2022 specific policy easily on their end but not on their user site.
$121/Mo for 2 cars? That's great!

Congrats! Same OD here and expecting the same EOQ delivery. Hope I get some good news soon!
Thanks. I suspect you'll get your VIN next week. I think many are rejecting delivery to wait for the whole EV tax bill to pass and that's triggering a flurry of earlier than expected deliveries compared to current EDD range (for 2021 EDDs). Good luck!

• Love
Reactions: Luka816
I'm in the same boat. Received a VIN for a 2021 car made on 11/01, and placed my order on hold for a week to flush the VIN from the system and restart with the goal of a '22 VIN. When I first jumped back in, my EDD was Jan/Feb, but after a few days pulled back in by a month to Nov/Dec. I'm along for the ride at this point, and fully accept that any delay was a result of my choice to punt on the '21 VIN, but I found it pretty amazing that a few days could cause the EDD to push out by a few months.
Your pickiness is the reason. You don’t get to just choose to step back a couple of spots I. Line. You get to start over. Not Tesla’s fault

Reactions: WhiteWi
$121/Mo for 2 cars? That's great!
Just to be transparent, I wasn’t exaggerating. They could be showing me discounts that perhaps I don’t end up qualifying for and certainly want my umbrella and home owner’s policies so everyone will have a unique situation.

Attachments

• 088E10FB-3CC4-4491-8A11-40FECBF1130C.jpeg
    088E10FB-3CC4-4491-8A11-40FECBF1130C.jpeg
    220 KB · Views: 78
Your pickiness is the reason. You don’t get to just choose to step back a couple of spots I. Line. You get to start over. Not Tesla’s fault

Do you hear me bitching about it? Nope. All good. It was more amazement that 2 days resulted in 2 months of EDD push. That's perhaps a testament to the demand for MYP's- or a testament to how wonky the estimation algorithm is at providing accurate ranges. And the '21 car made someone who placed the order a week prior pretty damn happy. Win-win in my book.

Do you hear me bitching about it? Nope. All good. It was more amazement that 2 days resulted in 2 months of EDD push. That's perhaps a testament to the demand for MYP's- or a testament to how wonky the estimation algorithm is at providing accurate ranges. And the '21 car made someone who placed the order a week prior pretty damn happy. Win-win in my book.
That's what I was thinking.... sounds like you got what you want. I may do the same thing you did if I'm not assigned a VIN and the price doesn't change in the next month. Quite frankly I may just ask them to put it on hold for a few months... no need for a car now anyway, just don't want to sit around and end up paying 65+.

Reactions: Montucky