Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks to @Dknj23 for the DCU referral.. It's been a flurry of activity today. Received my VIN yesterday, and shortly thereafter got the text to schedule my delivery. All of the available delivery dates were centered right when I'll be out of the country, so had to scramble a solution to get the car delivered instead of picking it up at the DC. Turns out that if you opt for 3rd party carrier delivery, then you can have a family member or friend take delivery for you, but you can't use Tesla financing (at least in Montana). I had to pay $750 for the delivery, and dial in my own financing from DCU, but I saved having to pass on the VIN and wait another month or two to get a car. For those who have a scheduling conflict but still would like to take delivery, keep the 3rd party carrier option around. Pretty sure that you need to be a few hundred miles from a DC to be eligible, but it's a nice option.

The one thing that should give you solace is trade in prices seem to be dropping substantially since last month. I'm sure it varies by model and buying franchise, but I sold my 2018 Model 3 to givemethevin last month for $47k. At the time, Carvana was offering $42k. I ran my VIN through Caravana again yesterday for kicks, and it came back as $34k. I also googled my VIN and found my car on a 3rd party lot for $44k ($3k less than what I sold it for).

Point being, you're definitely dealing with inconvenience now, but you are probably in a better situation by at least a few thousand dollars by selling last month.
Any update on your MYP? We have pretty close to the same OD (11/6 for me) and allocation (I went with the MSM).

I think I am one of the earliest order dates currently on this thread not to have taken delivery. OD 9/2, latest estimated delivery date is 12/4-8. We will see if it happens. I called Tesla and they said it was on the ship that arrived today. Lesson learned, never order in the last month of a quarter. I hope it is worth the wait!

Reactions: 907XCP
spoke to my Local SA. After receiving my vin on 12/1, the car will be transported by rail to a hub in Alabama and then transported to Jacksonville. Scheduled to arrive on the 16th allegedly. Haven’t scheduled delivery yet though. This might be an even worse wait than the wait for a vin

Reactions: SuzyQ4
My EDD has been Jan 7- Feb 4 since I placed the order, and hasn’t shifted at all. I am kind of surprised it hasn’t wiggled around, considering all the movement I see from others.
Mine was essentially the same 1/8-2/5, but a few days ago it switched to 1/31-2/28. Tried calling Tesla, but I got the Florida line not the specific location. You could tell they read from a script, he started saying that my vehicle will be a 2022, even though it was always scheduled to be a 2022, lol.

I think I am one of the earliest order dates currently on this thread not to have taken delivery. OD 9/2, latest estimated delivery date is 12/4-8. We will see if it happens. I called Tesla and they said it was on the ship that arrived today. Lesson learned, never order in the last month of a quarter. I hope it is worth the wait!
I’m guessing the west coast batch is being made now. I had VIN 4 days ago on 11/30 and EDD moved back from 12/2-12/6 to the same EDD as yours 12/4-12/8 today.

Talked to delivery center and they said as soon as my car is on the transporter to the center for delivery, I will be able to schedule pickup since I’m located nearby

I feel your pain. Think I am one of the earliest left with O/D 9/19 but a EDD of January. I even told them I will pick it up in Fremont so they wouldn't have to deliver!