Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ours was just pushed a month :(

I am sure it is from all the people on hold for the third time.
84E73F33-87C3-49A7-8AB0-55694328142E.jpeg

New Years morning delivery window got bumped by 6 weeks. Keeps bouncing around.

Mine had been steady at Jan 18-Feb 15 for a few weeks, bumped to Feb 8-Mar 8 this morning. Happy New Year. 😑

MYP, red, white, tow, no FSD
OD Nov 20, 2021
  • Delivery Window:
    • January 7 - February 5
    • January 28 - February 25
    • February (just Feb...)
    • January 15 - February 12
    • Feb 6 - March 6

Mine just got bumped from Jan 18-Feb 15 to Feb 8-Mar 8. Happy New Year? 😑

Reactions: Cyberspeed
I feel like I’m gonna get chewed up for this question, but just out of sheer obliviousness, why are we hoping for Austin builds? I have an order in for MY and i see everyone talking about wanting the Austin build but I can’t seem to figure out the reason. No disrespect just want to be brought up to speed.

My order was on hold (but not by my request) my SA placed it on my behalf because I had VIN assigned 2 weeks after order, which I honestly wasn’t prepared for. My original EDD was for June 22’ but quickly updated to March-April, so I panicked when I got a VIN at the beginning of November. The SA placed my order on an official hold without asking me first but said it was Bc the same VIN keeps trying to get matched to me. I rolled with it since I was ok with a delivery date closer to March anyway. Now it’s been automaticly taken off hold with EDD TBD… ugh, this emotional roller coaster lol!!

I feel like I’m gonna get chewed up for this question, but just out of sheer obliviousness, why are we hoping for Austin builds? I have an order in for MY and i see everyone talking about wanting the Austin build but I can’t seem to figure out the reason. No disrespect just want to be brought up to speed.

My order was on hold (but not by my request) my SA placed it on my behalf because I had VIN assigned 2 weeks after order, which I honestly wasn’t prepared for. My original EDD was for June 22’ but quickly updated to March-April, so I panicked when I got a VIN at the beginning of November. The SA placed my order on an official hold without asking me first but said it was Bc the same VIN keeps trying to get matched to me. I rolled with it since I was ok with a delivery date closer to March anyway. Now it’s been automaticly taken off hold with EDD TBD… ugh, this emotional roller coaster lol!!

The Austin Model Y's will supposedly be built with the new 4680 battery cells and mega-casting. They will in theory have some efficiency and build quality benefits as a result. However, the 4680 cells are definitely not confirmed for initial production. I'm also personally a little leery about getting a production vehicle in the early runs at a new factory. Think I'd rather just have the Freemont ones they've been building for 2 years now.